Rapid spaceback

I don't think there will be any change in the geometry or anything, so could be retrofitted but I would hardly think it was worth it. Here is what I could find on it:

Autocar: "Skoda has changed the set-up of the dampers to offer better cushioning right at the top of the damper travel,"

Auto.cz: (dodgy Google translation): "We tried to make driving more comfortable, because after the Rapid came from customers signals that it is one of the areas that need work on. Internal valve Suppressors (shock absorbers?) are now brand new and Spaceback should be on small bumps much smoother"

Just sounds like different components then. I'd agree it's hard to tell whether it would be worth it for the likely cost, especially since I'm not too concerned about the ride quality in mine as things stand, but for people like HopeImRight and j400 it's got to be worth looking in to, perhaps after one of the saloonalike Rapid's with the new suspension hit the show room where it can be 'tested' before spending money.

They think the ride is soft! Maybe they should talk to Whatcar.

That's on the Spaceback to be fair, which does have modified dampers. WhatCar's take on the Spaceback was "the suspension is apparently softer but we can't confirm one way or another due to driving in a slow speed convoy" or words to that effect.

I might take one out for a test drive when they hit the showrooms, I'm curious as to just how different the suspension actually is and the roads around where I work (up the road from Mitchell's) are sufficiently crap to highlight any differences straight away.

Great pics - thanks RapidRonnie.

Some say Skoda should produce sensible cars. Others criticize the looks or image.

(I had to cover my little Fabia's ears when someone said he is ugly!)

Surely this car is simply very good-looking and neatly detailed. I like it a lot.

This car is actually very practical too.

Win - win.

It seems Skoda is listening and, while it will be hard to argue against this car on practical grounds, I think there will be people who will buy it simply because it looks good.

• Like 1

Apparently there are 8 different wheel options for the Spaceback. The ones in the video^^^ look like 16s? Think I will prefer it on larger 17in silver wheels tbh.

The addition of the panoramic roof makes the car look lower and wider somehow :thumbup:

Apparently there are 8 different wheel options for the Spaceback. The ones in the video^^^ look like 16s? Think I will prefer it on larger 17in silver wheels tbh.

The addition of the panoramic roof makes the car look lower and wider somehow :thumbup:

Their your wheels but in matt black :) 

That's the sports seats. Mine are like that.

i had been reading your posts about sport seats, but i thought they were a slightly modified version of the normal seats. We dont have this option here. Any chance u can post a pic of the seats ?

I have gloss black vinyl on the roof of my Rapid, and everybodys opinion was exactly that. Meaning it looks lower, wider, thus more aggressive-sportier.

i had been reading your posts about sport seats, but i thought they were a slightly modified version of the normal seats. We dont have this option here. Any chance u can post a pic of the seats ?

I have gloss black vinyl on the roof of my Rapid, and everybodys opinion was exactly that. Meaning it looks lower, wider, thus more aggressive-sportier.

I think because it blends into the windscreen the eye is not drawn to the roof plonked on top and thus the car does not look as high.

Will get back to you with some pictures of the seats.

This extract is interesting

4DpuF5C.png

So they consider it to compete in the same class as the Octavia and Rapid Liftback as it should. Some magazines and press articles categorise them differently

Edited by J400uk