Help! Twindoor stopped working

Hi folks,

I decided to vacuum the Superb out this afternoon and found that the twindoor will open in bootlid mode only with only the remote key, no boot or hatch mode from the car as both of the buttons on the twin door have stopped working.

1st I checked the fuse (ok) then plugged in VCDS and got the following fault log;

03396 - Supply voltage terminal 30 for central locking

011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 00101011

Fault Priority: 1

Fault Frequency: 1

Reset counter: 147

Mileage: 167209 km

Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:

Term 15 Off

Voltage: 12.25 V

OFF

ON

Term 50 Off

OFF

OFF

Before I go scouring the online manual for help can anyone give me any guidance?

Many thanks

Mart

• 2 weeks later...
Terminal 30 sounds like the power supply terminal into a relay that controls the system, does the handbook show one that controls the twindoor on the Superb?

Ian

I've been on Erwin and printed all the relevant material from the workshop manual but haven't had time to work on it yet, I'll report progress as and when I get around to it for anyone else's benefit.

• 1 month later...
I had same problem, turns out the wires had been broken on the loom which run inside the twindoor! they run inside on the left hand side and require removal of the plastic trim, garage spliced the wires and all worked well again.

Finally got around to fixing this, problem was as above. The wires from the bootlid switches run through the left hand bootlid hinge and up the left side of the window, if you open and close a lot in boot mode rather than full hatch the wiring gets open and closed around the hinge eventually breaking. Took me about 5 hours to fix, I've got pics if anyone's interested.

• Like 1

Even in nobody is interested now, it might well be useful to someone in the future if you could post a DIY guide and photos for the fix. Did you find the Elsawin info useful?

• 1 month later...

Any update on posting the pics and guidance?

Looks like I got the same problem today; neither of the trunk buttons do anything, and with remote I can only open the smaller lid. Would be nice to get some hints before I will start opening (breaking...) things.

• 1 year later...

Any update on posting the pics and guidance?

Looks like I got the same problem today; neither of the trunk buttons do anything, and with remote I can only open the smaller lid. Would be nice to get some hints before I will start opening (breaking...) things.

Here: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/286139-superb-twindoor-wiring-fix/

I had this on the rear door of my Omega, the micro wires simply don't take the brunt of what is effectively the same as a wiggle break during the opening and closing, that and clod hoof who boots it as they go to get out and the rubber cover takes a full on hit.