super chip or shark re map

250vrs

Good evening , can anyone please give me some advice about the aforementioned

I want to re map my 2012 vrs petrol Octavia but don,t know which company to choose, super chips seems the easier option and cheaper but is it better? I have also looked at the shark option but my only stumbling block is price, 500 for the map and another 150 for the device , then the fitting and petrol to Mansfield

Can anyone shed any light on the matter please

Thank you I bet you have more than once discussed this subject!!!

Andy

I had a Shark map on my 2011 petrol vRS (same engine). Fantastic :)

Made an OK engine into a stonkingly good one, loads of torque & smooth power delivery.

I reckon on a rolling start it would have give my new S4 a hard time :D

I reckon for every person who votes for Superchips on here, 50 more will vote Shark.

If you want to put it back to stock for services etc get the STS, otherwise don't bother.

HTH

• Like 1

Forgot to add, made mine 254bhp & 325lb (440nm) :D

quite an increase, and done on their rollers known to be quite conservative.

+1 for Shark. But to be fair, I've not tried anyone else, but based upon my positive experience I wouldn't want to.

For me, on the basis of them simply having written the best stage 1 software ive ever used out of all of the big players, a decent K04 conversion, quality of service and mechanical work and customer support both before and after each outlay - I'd strongly recommend Shark Performance! :happy:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

+1 for Shark. It's not a big numbers remap, but it's super-safe and very nice to drive. I didn't know you could use the STS on the newer petrol cars. It definitely doesn't work on most of the diesels sadly.

I had both Bluefin and Shark Performance at Stage 1, 2 and 2+ on my Octavia vRS. Whilst the Shark map wasnt perfect(Stage 1 & 2 were very very good, but stage 3 required more work at the time(I was their first stage 2+ customer), it was eons ahead of the bluefin which was absolutely terrible. The Bluefin was underpowered with poor and erratic power delivery and when I spoke with the guys at superchips HQ they literally didnt have a clue.

:rofl:I have been Shark'd :happy: ; I spent Wednesday afternoon with Rob from W8 and Ben from Shark ... Great to meet you both.

Very interesting to see the process from start to finish.

What can I say; first impression on the drive home was 'F :rofl: :rofl: K you' ... an immense increase in power.

When I'm not 'playing' fuel consumption is slightly better....but I'm still playing :giggle:

The car is nicer to drive now, the DSG is way smoother and I get to a 'nice' speed much quicker than before.

Shark / W8 get my vote; it wasn't just about the money with Rob & Ben, they had a hectic day but still had time to talk me through what was going on ....THANK YOU :rofl:

:rofl:I have been Shark'd :happy: ; I spent Wednesday afternoon with Rob from W8 and Ben from Shark ... Great to meet you both.

Very interesting to see the process from start to finish.

What can I say; first impression on the drive home was 'F :rofl: :rofl: K you' ... an immense increase in power.

When I'm not 'playing' fuel consumption is slightly better....but I'm still playing :giggle:

The car is nicer to drive now, the DSG is way smoother and I get to a 'nice' speed much quicker than before.

Shark / W8 get my vote; it wasn't just about the money with Rob & Ben, they had a hectic day but still had time to talk me through what was going on ....THANK YOU :rofl:

I spoke to Rob on that hectic day. And can say that he was chuffed to bits with his onwards and upwards W8 performance venture. As I am I'm glad you are happy with both his and Bens professional approach to customer service.