To save me having to reply to loads of threads......

TaviaRS

Just so I don't have to keep stating how fast my car is in relation to others on the numerous threads, I thought I'd just list them the once.

I of course have an Octavia SDI and the list is as follows:

- Alfa Romeo - None :grumpy: Unless the wheels and bodywork fall off :lol:

- Audi: A2

- BMW: 116, but it's touch and go :)

- Chevrolet - Pretty much all of them, although the Matiz is a bit of a beast :D

- Chrysler Jeep - Any of the diesels, but only on top end ;)

- Citroen - Berlingo

- Daihatsu - Nah, they all whoop me :(

- Fiat - The doblo is the only one I can "trash" :thumbup:

- Ford - Boggo standard Ka

- Honda - Jazz

- Hyundai - All are quicker than me :grumpy:

- Isuzu - Yay, a marque I can comprehensively trounce :cool:

- Jaguar - They all muller me :mad:

- Kia - The pride is a bit of a tough cookie, but I'd get it in the end ;)

- Land Rover - Nothing otherthan the Defender, but if its muddy it'll 'ave me

- Lexus - None of them, unless the driver has fallen aslep again due to the scintilating driving experience ;)

- Lotus - None, unless they breakdown :D

- Mazda - The 1, but that's about it, all the others are just too quick :(

- Mercedes-Benz - Nope, all far too fast, although the Vaneo and the A class can be "had" if I catch them unawares ;)

- Mini - The diesel :D

- Mitsubishi - None :mad:

- Nissan - The basic Micra has given me many good tussles, but my fave is the Serena as it is a real close match, especially for acceleration. :rofl:

- Peugeot - Nah, they all 'ave me in the twisties :mad:

- Porsche - You've got to be kidding :grumpy: :mad:

- Proton - None :(

- Renault - Twingo :cool:

- Saab - None, I reckon it's the day running lights that do it :)

- SEAT - None :(

- Skoda - None :reallyupsetbythis:

- SsangYong - SYUK Cars Ltd - Musso :thumbup:

- Subaru - the Justy (so long as it isn't an import ;) )

- Suzuki - The Alto and the WagonR are good fun to play with

- Tata - All of them :D Apart from the Indigo :grumpy:

- Toyota - None of them although its a close run thing against the Hilux :)

- Vauxhall - The base spec Agila and that's about it :mad:

- Volkswagen - Nope, all to quick although I can sometimes catch a small engined Lupo napping ;)

- Volvo - Nope and if I dared they'd probably crush me :grumpy:

So there you have it :thumbup:

Now, if I had a Fabia vRS I know that list would be very different and nothing short of an F16 on full afterburners would get by me :D Especially with the Pikey Mod Mk 2, a Cupra intake and a remap ;)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No point in mentioning Ferrari in an Octavia thread :(

Mind you if I had a Fabia it'd be well different - I'd have more torque than a toque thing with added torque and would easilly have it in the 15-18mph range :D

Indeed, most beemers will easilly beat mine :(

However, Jane my darling, you need to look out for Fabias, especially if you only have a 318 - they'll easilly beat a 330 CI, a 645, and even a V10 M5!* :eek:

*between 23mph and 27mph, with a tail wind and pressuming the M5 driver can't actually be arsed

you need to look out for Fabias' date=' especially if you [i']only[/i] have a 318 - they'll easilly beat a 330 CI, a 645, and even a V10 M5!* :eek:

*between 23mph and 27mph, with a tail wind and pressuming the M5 driver can't actually be arsed

This is only since they changed the fabia gearing on the later models.Older ones struggle against even a basic unchipped 330d (although there is not that much in it)

I should get that 1.9sdi looked at.Sounds like a sensor problem :thumbup:

Now, if I had a Fabia vRS I know that list would be very different and nothing short of an F16 on full afterburners would get by me :D Especially with the Pikey Mod Mk 2, a Cupra intake and a remap ;)

:rofl:

Come on get real we could still have him in the twisties :D

Trust me, I *really* am not jealous of the Fabia RS. I am quite, quite happy with my "SDI" :D

You see although it "may" not be quite as quick as the RS Fabia (without the multiplicity of pikey mods and plethora of SEAT bits), it does all that I want.

:rofl:

I heard a fabia "had" thrust SSC on the keighley bypass last week... it was close thought cos SSC had a little shaper turn in........

Paul no chance mate, it wasn't even close the fabia had the PD160 intake fitted and everything in a mile radius was getting sucked up including thrust SSC ;)

Guys guys, obviously the fabia IS faster than thrust SSC from 0-70 because SSC is so sluggish, and anything else is illegal....so yes the Fabia is a faster car when in the UK.

When in the real world do i drive on salt plains, never. :rofl:

"fabia IS faster than thrust SSC from 0-70" I thought we'd already established that it is faster than ANYTHING......... at some point during this period.

it depends on whether the avg fabia driver can see where they are going whilst having their head firmly lodged up their own backside.....;)

i overtook a fabia vRS this morn.... was going to have a party.... but then i realsed he must have let me go.:(

i overtook a fabia vRS this morn.... was going to have a party.... but then i realsed he must have let me go.:(

Paul when will you learn :rolleyes::rofl:

Besides when did you last see an Avg Fabia driver, we are all ex rally champs :D