Picking up new car. Anything to look for?

Make sure you get the MDI cable you wanted.

Obviously check for any defects, scratches in paint ect.

Obviously check oil level and tyre pressures once you got it, this should have been done during PDI but its been known in the past that its not been done.

MDI cable allows you to connect your Ipod or usb hard drive to the MDI port. You may not have that on your spec.

If you are going to check the oil level then make sure you know whether it is to be taken with the engine hot or cold (I think most of the Fabia engines are taken when hot)

Get them to give you a proper run round the car and tell you about the important parts such as oil level, tyre pressure sensor (if fitted) and how to use any options you have chosen (Climate, Cruise control, etc).

However when it gets to tomorrow I'm sure all you will want to do is get the car out on the road rather than listen to a salesman waffle on. Enjoy the new car.

You will need to run the car in for a while, not necessarily the engine,

but do take care that the tyres need scrubbing in and the newness worn off, the brake discs and pads allowed to get used a bit and worn in.

I would check the tyre pressures yourself on the first day and set the TPMS

(tyre pressure monitoring system)

Dip the oil and see the levels under the bonnet from the car leaving the garage to see how they did the PDI (pre delivery inspection)

15 minutes well spent with new cars IMO.

Then get familiar with the 'Owners Manual'.

(i usually collect the Manual to study before taking delivery of the car.)

have fun and enjoy it.

george

Congrats on your new car Frank.

(what engine/spec)?

Did you order any other extras??

How about the Under seat storage boxes. Yes they are small, but for the money very good. Plus you can fit them yourself.

Glass/sun glass holder for the roof. (next to Int' light) thats if you wear them....well worth it.

Other than what the others have said.

Now Enjoy.

CD

Its a 1.6 tdi scout.

I haven't seen the under storage boxes or more importantly sunglass holder (where can i see an image of this?)

I have ordered the rubber boot tray, an essential, between working with plants, wild swimming and dog ownership my boot is always a real mess :dull:

Don't have an MDI port so no cable. Its very exciting, will i be able to think about oil checks etc when i see it??

Any freebies i should be asking for before handing over the cash?

Do a search I have posted a list of parts for them.

The sun/glasses case fits in place of the blanking piece in the roof in front of the interior light fitting.

Plus if you want floor mats I got mine from Ambassadore mats.co.uk You can build your own mats. As in colour for the edging and you can specify wording on the mats Kool.

Here you go Frank.

http://www.ambassadorcarmats.co.uk/products/custom-car-mats

You can custom your own mats then preview them before you order.

My car is silver, the fastest coulor, so I went for Silver trim and "Monte Carlo" wording in silver.

They do look very nice in the car.

Try it out before you buy.

Edited by Carlo diesel

Look all round for scuffs and scratches. Take time to really look anywhere a car may come in contact with another, anywhere where you would place your handles to open or close a door, boot or bonnet or where something may get caught in the door if someone may of closed it to had and say got a seatbelt trapped.

Got home and found one on the driver side B pillar and a compression scratch to the bumper top (as if someone had got something caught when slamming the boot shut). B pillar came out okay and will either hide the compression scratch with under a tailgate scuff guard or wet sand the ridges off and fill up with paint/lacquer mix and wet sand back.