She's in Emden!

andyml

Told by my dealer (Marlborough) that she's arrived in Emden and, I guess, waiting for a berth on the next stage of her voyage to Blighty. With the persistent easterlies we've been "enjoying" recently the crossing should only take about 20 minutes I reckon.

Can't wait for my 1.4 TSi SE Plus. :-)

• Like 1

Told by my dealer (Marlborough) that she's arrived in Emden and, I guess, waiting for a berth on the next stage of her voyage to Blighty. With the persistent easterlies we've been "enjoying" recently the crossing should only take about 20 minutes I reckon.

Can't wait for my 1.4 TSi SE Plus. :-)

Good luck Andy!!!

From this point it took about three weeks, till you should receive it. Well this is how long it took for me ;-) 13 number plate here you come, car of doom is about to arrive ;-)

BR

JeZ

Three weeks! Blimey I'm tempted to drive it through the tunnel myself. I'm not bothered about the reg number incidentally - I ordered the car when I needed to change ...I think one makes one's own luck in life generally I guess there's another forum for tridecaphobics! :-)

• Like 1

Three weeks! Blimey I'm tempted to drive it through the tunnel myself. I'm not bothered about the reg number incidentally - I ordered the car when I needed to change ...I think one makes one's own luck in life generally I guess there's another forum for tridecaphobics! :-)

Driving it through the tunnel also appealed to me....I may have been unlucky because it was about the same time as the 13 plate...

You are right though about 13 :-)

JeZ

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The rush for a new reg must really slow things down, mine was a 2012 week one build and ready to collect from the dealer on Jan 13th,(collected on 20/01/12). I was also not bothered about waiting for the next reg.

Now landed in UK and dealer expects to handover on Tuesday or Wednesday - blimey...I'd better start saving! ;-) And I haven't fispodef of the beemer yet.

• Like 1

Countryboy -there's no disgrace in being replaced by a Skoda these days I hope :-) I need the internal volume to haul my bicycles and fishing tackle. My 318 touring has been an excellent car but I'm not impressed with BMW servicing :(

Trying not to hurt the beemers feeling by letting it know it was being replaced by a Skoda!

Ian

I replaced my e39 530d touring with a 56 plate Octavia 2.0tdi PD DSG L&K Estate.

In some ways the Octy was a better car. But not in others.

The BMW was a drivers car, was rear wheel drive and quiet. It was slightly more comfortable than the Octy, the boot was tiny but it was quick (remapped engine). It cost an arm, a leg and all my internal organs to keep on the road.

I may have had a bad 'un, but even so, I saw the light and I'm on my second Skoda now.

My current Yeti in my mind is way better than my old BMW, but the Yeti was launched in 2009, the e39 in 1996..... So I would hope Skoda had time to catch up in many areas.

But really, you can't compare a £13,000 car with a £30,000 car.

Inverse badge snobbery rules.

:lol:

Sent using Tapatalk from my Phone

Countryboy -there's no disgrace in being replaced by a Skoda these days I hope :-) I need the internal volume to haul my bicycles and fishing tackle. My 318 touring has been an excellent car but I'm not impressed with BMW servicing :(

My fathers 320d has been a total disaster...Manifold butterflies replaced, McPherson struts replaced, drive shafts, disks, turbo....My father stated it was the most unreliable car he has ever owned. Sad fact is now that he's retired, he doesn't have the money to replace it.

Br

JeZ

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

My 318's strong suits are refinement, smoothness and handling particularly on tightening slip roads but handling on snow or ice is a nightmare with rear wheel drive - overall I am very pleased with her but she's off to the auctions on Monday. :-)

I found that auction fixed costs were quite high so found a local trader recommended by Marlborough Skoda who gave me a good deal.

My SE Plus should be at the dealer today or tomorrow with delivery agreed on Thursday 21st. I placed the order on Dec 28th. Just a week to wait now! :-)

Had an email today from Preston Motors my Yeti is at the dealership and picking it up Monday. 1.2 se with options fitted ordered 14-1-2013 so not such a long wait thankfully although I think these next few days might go a bit slow.

Hi smudge, how long did it take from your car being built to arrival at the dealers?

Thanks