20v turbo engine oil flush experiences

It's not supposed to be about getting all the oil out it's to clean the varnish off the engine. The question is even if it does dislodge the deposits (and I wouldn't be convinced it even does that) can you be sure that they all come out with the oil or are they still floating about in there waiting to block something.

Regular oil changes are a better idea. If you buy an engine that's already dirty change the oil more frequently.

• Like 1

I service every 6-7k and always use fully synth VAG spec oil, just make sure that the oil is warm when you're taking it out and i find its much easier to get a full flush anyway.

So i drive mine to the garage, up to temp, then get it straight up in the air and oil dropped and give it some time to drip.

Can't see a lot of point in putting something else into the car to be honest.

Thanks for the input. The car did little mileage in 7 years before I got it. And suspect may have had dirty oil sitting at some point as in my experience this causes staining inside the engine. Not had any probs with it at all just me being anal.

I have been doing an oil change monthly since I got it in october covering around 1200 miles a month and it is getting better.

I have heard and seen some nightmares possibly influenced by these but also had some success with them on sludged engines.

Was just intrested to see how many/if any had used them on here.

Thanks for the input. The car did little mileage in 7 years before I got it. And suspect may have had dirty oil sitting at some point as in my experience this causes staining inside the engine. Not had any probs with it at all just me being anal.

I have been doing an oil change monthly since I got it in october covering around 1200 miles a month and it is getting better.

I have heard and seen some nightmares possibly influenced by these but also had some success with them on sludged engines.

Was just intrested to see how many/if any had used them on here.

Reading that I'd be nervous using engine flush incase it loosens the sludge and it blocks the oil strainer

Sent from my Galaxy S3, not a Crapple!

I used it from new and my engine was pritty clean. Only ever used oem oil and it was flushed too when ive done it so additive in old oil run on fast idle for 10-15mins then drain out and rince with cheap stuff and warm thru again and drop. New filter and good oil.

Gonna do this on my fabia too even tho its not been mine from new.

I get tps oil in 20l drums so lots of it for less than 8l of castrol edge lol

Forte is the sort of brand I would use not a cheap one. I think for now will stick to my regular oil changes but I may in the future flush then next day drop the sump.

I had a car come in a while back done 17k in 4 years from new rod through block. Full non dealer history but looming i to reciepts every service had a flush treatment done

I had a car come in a while back done 17k in 4 years from new rod through block. Full non dealer history but looming i to reciepts every service had a flush treatment done

I doubt it had anything to do with it TBH

• Like 1