Parcel Shelf

Truthseeker

Not sure if this has been discussed here before. It concerns the lack of a cord to raise/hold the parcel shelf when opening boot. Just had a look at mine (VW Up), and the shelf will lock into a raised position, although this has to be done manually. I don't know if all CityGos have this, or if it is a modification to the later ones. Anyway, thought I would post.

If you look on the up! owners website in the picture/gallery section there is a white up! that has the mod' carried out by its Polish owner.Cord and hooks fitted etc ,looks a realy good job.

Am I the only one who likes the parcel shelf as fitted? Very useful.

We had a Citigo as a coutresy car last week and thought it was an excellent idea.

(Like your user name; they were a good band in the 70's!!)

It wasn't meant to offensive, I'm sorry if I have offended anybody. It was just a joke and I believe that is the way it was received -if you read the full thread. I said that I had orangutan genes because I could reach to push the parcel shelf down from the driver's seat -I was joking that she might also have the gene, because despite being small, she has red hair.