The Test today!

Llanigraham

Some very good news today.

Dewi the Yeti went for his first examination this afternoon at Sinclair Skoda and came out with almost flying colours.

Small advisory on slight pitting to the front discs, and both front tyres will need replacing soon, which I knew already.

Also had new discs and pads on the rear and a new front bonnet badge.

Oh, and they all send regards to, as they put it, "that mad vet up near Brecon with the Superb!"

• Like 1

Silly me - saw the title of the thread and thought the post would be about goings on in the antipodes, where New Zealand are 402-7!

Scarlet will be going for her pre end of warranty health check at MSB next Tuesday, as she's coming up to her 3rd birthday next month.

It will be interesting to see what they say about the rear discs which are very badly scored!

My Yeti had her first MOT this week too.

Nothing to report, emissions look great (NO comment please Bob!) they even noted that it had "cold weather" tyres fitted. Mentioned that they were surprised how corrosion free the rear discs were - which implies that it might be a problem normally.

But... they had to fit a new boot lock under warranty as the boot light only works intermittently. "Not unusual on 2009 build" was the comment (it was first registered March 2010). So a one day service & MOT turned into 3 days whilst they got the part from Germany(not CZ!). The loan CitiGo was fun, but it was lovely to get my Yeti back. Very noticeable how differently other drivers treat you in the bigger vehicle.

Hopefully that's the last of the catalogue of silly niggling faults that I've had on the vehicle. Certainly I seem to have suffered far more issues than others on here. A Friday end-of-shift car perhaps? :wonder:

• Like 1

I'm intrigued as to why pitting is considered an advisory, the test is do they work effectively. Only if there is structural "damage", like cracking etc would they fail.

Likewise, scoring is only cosmetic.

I might be wrong, but years of chatting to my MoT man when testing my four wheel disc braked SJ leads me to not to worry about the state of the mud/gravel scored discs :giggle:

ps: edited to say congrats on the pass.

Edited by Yety

Silly me - saw the title of the thread and thought the post would be about goings on in the antipodes, where New Zealand are 402-7!

is this some sort of masonic code?

is this some sort of masonic code?

Yes. It is deliberately unintelligible to those of the Scottish persuasion.

• Like 1

Yes. It is deliberately unintelligible to those of the Scottish persuasion.

Wha'?

(glottal stop to the fore)

Edited by Freshacre