Anyone had the 1.6 CR tdi remapped yet?

hiya all,

has anyone had there 1.6 CR tdi remapped yet?

Also whats better waiting and saving for a remap or getting a chip (theres a german chip company that has some good reviews off here)

Cheers

Liam

i know rainworth does it but they want like £550!!!

I went down to shark today who said that its £399 and they will dyno it for free as they havent done a 75bhp yet so they want the dyno gains example.

Im just wanting to know if anyone has had it done and is it worth it??? Or would i be better saving £300 and getting a tuning box?

:-S Moneys a bit tight and £400 is an awful lot

Location Mansfield and you havent heard yet?! :bandit:

Brimma... where for art thou Brimma.... :rofl:

I'm here, and I'm getting my car back Monday or Tuesday, and I'm sure I'll have a massive smile on my face when I take it out :)

• Like 1

WIth the greatest of respect, you've already spoken to other remapping companies who clearly didn't know the car. We might not be the cheapest but my advice would be "buy nice buy twice".

You have a lovely nearly new car. Don't spoil it with the cheapest option.

Yeah, but he would say that wouldnt he as he's trying to sell you a Shark Performance remap...!? Ignore what he says and take it from someone thats spent their own hard earned cash on everything from Superchips and Celtic to Jabba Sport and Revo over the last few years.... Get a Shark Performance remap on that ECU and you'll be chuffed to bits - its total quality software backed by a company that really does give a damn! :)

Yeah, but he would say that wouldnt he as he's trying to sell you a Shark Performance remap...!? Ignore what he says and take it from someone thats spent their own hard earned cash on everything from Superchips and Celtic to Jabba Sport and Revo over the last few years.... Get a Shark Performance remap on that ECU and you'll be chuffed to bits - its total quality software backed by a company that really does give a damn! :)

I totally agree with the above - both my Skodas will now have Shark maps, and if I could persuade Mrs Brimma that she needs one it would be three

Well that settles that i suppose, i will have to orginise some funds in the next couple of weeks and go to shark!

Also, will it void my warranty as i have a year and a half left on it?

cheers everyone :-D

Well that settles that i suppose, i will have to orginise some funds in the next couple of weeks and go to shark!

Also, will it void my warranty as i have a year and a half left on it?

cheers everyone :-D

Potentially it could void the warranty on the engine related components but I've always gone to an understanding dealership. That's worse case scenario, IF you were to have an issue. I've never had an issue with any remapped car. I gave my Yeti over to Shark Performance when it had just 9,000 miles on the clock, that was for a stage 1 remap. Many miles with no issue whatsoever so back at almost 30,000 miles for a stage 2 KO4 turbo conversion.... Haven't looked back since (except to see the odd German saloon disappearing in the rear view mirror!) ;)

• Like 2

ive just read that ecu remaps were undetectable anyway, and they wouldnt be looking for a remap if they were just chasing fault codes

also i will be using rainworth skoda who actually sell a revo remap???

thats the only thing that worries me a little

ALSO (wrong thread i know)

i drive conservatively and my MPG is about 25-30mpg less then manufacture claims!?!? Rainworth have said that they will link it up and test it to see theres a problem, ive read threads about poor mpg on some 1.6 tdi engines.....hope mine gets fixed if there is a problem :-(

Every time a dealer plugs in to update software on the Ecu I believe they can detect the map

Mine went in with revo stage 1 for a misfire fault, vw plugged it in and linked the fault to the ecu and updated and rectified it no problem.

Mine went in with revo stage 1 for a misfire fault, vw plugged it in and linked the fault to the ecu and updated and rectified it no problem.

Doesn't mean they didn't know the map was there though

also i will be using rainworth skoda who actually sell a revo remap???

Now you've lost me

You're hard up, but would rather blow £550 on a Revo remap, than £400 for a Shark remap

Does not compute :(

Nooooo Sorry....I didnt write that clearly enough haha.

I mean i will be using Rainworth as my local dealer for warrenty work (if needed) and i will be getting the remap from shark! :-) Sorry for the confusion!

Monte_Mango - I'd be interested to know how it goes (literally and figuratively). Mine's a 105 CR, but I often wonder if I need a bit more...

As for economy, I do a 20 mile round trip twice a day, I get 50mpg average (that's brim to brim, calculated - not just the computer telling me).

I think the best way to explain it is that the engine doesn't warm up and settle into Super Economy mode until you've been going for about 20 minutes, hopefully at a sensible speed. Any ranting, slow town work or short trips and I will see between 30 and 40 mpg.

I got excited last week, as I did some steady runs and a long trip to a stag do - the average snuck up to 52mpg (on Average MPG button 2). One trip this weekend, in hacking rain, late for an appointment and left something at home and the economy is back to 49mpg again...

I don't mind this, as I know I'd get no better from a different diesel, or certainly not from petrol, but I might get close and pay less. The decision might be taken out of my hands if Mrs PDIBK loses her job and we need a family car again...

Monte_Mango - I'd be interested to know how it goes (literally and figuratively). Mine's a 105 CR, but I often wonder if I need a bit more...

As for economy, I do a 20 mile round trip twice a day, I get 50mpg average (that's brim to brim, calculated - not just the computer telling me).

I think the best way to explain it is that the engine doesn't warm up and settle into Super Economy mode until you've been going for about 20 minutes, hopefully at a sensible speed. Any ranting, slow town work or short trips and I will see between 30 and 40 mpg.

I got excited last week, as I did some steady runs and a long trip to a stag do - the average snuck up to 52mpg (on Average MPG button 2). One trip this weekend, in hacking rain, late for an appointment and left something at home and the economy is back to 49mpg again...

I don't mind this, as I know I'd get no better from a different diesel, or certainly not from petrol, but I might get close and pay less. The decision might be taken out of my hands if Mrs PDIBK loses her job and we need a family car again...

Your kidding? :-( my vrs does/did 43-45mpg to my place of work (50mile round trip) and I have agreed in principle to chop it in for a 1.6tdi 105 ibiza (although there not sure if its actually available still even though I got £250 riding on it) I will kick myself hard if I don't see over 55mpg in the ibiza, the only saving grace is the low tax and lower monthly payments.