Anyone had the 1.6 CR tdi remapped yet?

Monte_Mango - I'd be interested to know how it goes (literally and figuratively). Mine's a 105 CR, but I often wonder if I need a bit more...

As for economy, I do a 20 mile round trip twice a day, I get 50mpg average (that's brim to brim, calculated - not just the computer telling me).

I think the best way to explain it is that the engine doesn't warm up and settle into Super Economy mode until you've been going for about 20 minutes, hopefully at a sensible speed. Any ranting, slow town work or short trips and I will see between 30 and 40 mpg.

I got excited last week, as I did some steady runs and a long trip to a stag do - the average snuck up to 52mpg (on Average MPG button 2). One trip this weekend, in hacking rain, late for an appointment and left something at home and the economy is back to 49mpg again...

I don't mind this, as I know I'd get no better from a different diesel, or certainly not from petrol, but I might get close and pay less. The decision might be taken out of my hands if Mrs PDIBK loses her job and we need a family car again...

I also have the 75 TDI monte and find that MPG is shocking, ive now put it down to the lack of power in the engine so using more fuel to get up to speed. If that makes any sence? wish i would have gone for the 105 engine now. But at the time it was to try and keep my insurance down. just going to save for a remap now.

well im not going slow but by no means thrashing it, and so far my trip computer is reading 39mpg and its spot on with a brim to brim fill.....thats from A road, a bit of town and a bit of motorway driving. Needless to say i am not impressed so far with the economy. My old car a lexus IS 220d did 37mpg average and there well known for crappy mpg. I thought i would be getting at least 50mpg...my old 09 fiesta TDCI zetec s did 55mpg combined! Ive rang rainworth Skoda and explained this and they have said it don't sound right and to book it in. also its got 13k on the clock now so it should surely be nice and loose??

I'm regularly getting maxidot readings of 60+ on a run; and it's backed by 53+ brim to brim from a standard 105

I'm hoping that the remap won't have too great an effect on that, although that will depends how much fun it is :)

The 1.6CR models are no problem to tune.

Our stage 1 remap is £395.00 all in and includes dyno set up with power runs before and after.

We can also offer DPF delete packages. P-Torque Stage 2 software and DPF removal is £695.00 all in.

As the guys at Shark have mentioned, its a safer bet to deal with a company thats already experienced with these engines.

As I said - I do a 10 mile out, 10 mile back trip, twice a day. It's rural Hampshire, so the "roads" are little better than some of the tracks I used to have to take on Salisbury Plain (or Iraq for that matter).

I find the economy steadily creeps up on that journey, until I finish, back at my place of work (near to home) and it usually reads 50+mpg.

When I have done longer trips (not that often - that's what the wife's company Golf Bluemotion is for), it easily approaches 60mpg, so @Wilko - your 55 mile trip should see you besting the VRS's economy no worries.

The CR seems to be prone to driving conditions - is it warmed up properly, do you have to keep accelerating and slowing to maintain position in traffic, is it hilly etc etc. My route is not flat, is not stead speed and is probably only just seeing the car at normal operating temperature - I don't have Maxi-dot, so no oil temp - also borne out by the occassional melting rubber smell from the DPF re-gen that kicks in.

The journey two weeks ago was from here to Cheltenham, I was keeping up with traffic (indicated 80mph) on the way, a bit slower (as was traffic) on the way back. Pretty much dual carriageway for 60% of the journey (once out of Rural Hicksville - I mean Hants/Wilts border). That saw the Trip 1 average at 58mpg and the trip 2 at 53 (up from 49). I think it was 100 odd miles round trip.

I could drive slower, pootle everywhere, etc, but life's too short - I get in, drive to where I need to be, as quickly (and safely) as possible, to the mandated speed limits and get 50ish MPG. The car looks good (frequently complimented) and is a comfy place to be (except around the frequent potholes that seem to be multiplying like Gremlins in the wet...).

My only wants? Well, Bluetooth, MaxiDot, Climate, Parking Sensors, a few more MPG, a bit more oomph...well you can't have it all!