Rough Road Retrofit

ciderman

I am considering my second Yeti after 3 years of joy with a 140 SE.

Next will be a 170 Elegance. Sorted the spec and visited dealer to get approx. cost to change.

Dealer found a similar spec car sitting waiting for a boat in Embden, so could have in 2 - 3 weeks.

But two thing I wanted are not on it. Firstly my fussy architect's eyes forbid me from having Spitzberg alloys. I wanted the optional Erebus, which I think are clean and suit the car. Dealer said that they couldn't get them for a retrofit. Does this sound plausible ?

Secondly can you fit the Rough Road pack as a retrofit. I don't have it on current car but would like it on the new one.

Would welcome thoughts. Tempted with the built car, as 12 weeks seems a long time (although not as long as last time!)

I am considering my second Yeti after 3 years of joy with a 140 SE.

Next will be a 170 Elegance. Sorted the spec and visited dealer to get approx. cost to change.

Dealer found a similar spec car sitting waiting for a boat in Embden, so could have in 2 - 3 weeks.

But two thing I wanted are not on it. Firstly my fussy architect's eyes forbid me from having Spitzberg alloys. I wanted the optional Erebus, which I think are clean and suit the car. Dealer said that they couldn't get them for a retrofit. Does this sound plausible ?

Secondly can you fit the Rough Road pack as a retrofit. I don't have it on current car but would like it on the new one.

Would welcome thoughts. Tempted with the built car, as 12 weeks seems a long time (although not as long as last time!)

Some parts of the RRP will be relatively easy to fit- the under panels and sump guard, and possibly the protection to the wishbones. I think the reinforced brake pipes and handbrake cable would be a lot more expensive to retro fit. I had to replace one panel on one side and it cost £200.

I remember somebody took their car to a show in Abingdon early on (2010) and damaged the RRP and it cost him around £400-500 to repair.

Getting it fitted by the factory is much much cheaper.

Thanks for the picture Jezzep. Getting any pictures of the Erebus is tricky. Looks how I imagined on the car, so that's good.

Got to make up my mind if I want pay for heated screen and park assist that I wouldn't have specced, and looks like going without RRP. I think twisting dealers arm might make Erebus wheels arrive, fingers crossed.

Thanks for the picture Jezzep. Getting any pictures of the Erebus is tricky. Looks how I imagined on the car, so that's good.

Got to make up my mind if I want pay for heated screen and park assist that I wouldn't have specced, and looks like going without RRP. I think twisting dealers arm might make Erebus wheels arrive, fingers crossed.

No problem with the photo. I had the same problem, but just took the gamble ;-)

The Rough road package was just in case, as I was getting a little adventurous on the off roading with the odd bit of off roading I did.... ;-)

BR

JeZ