Battery Life

Completely depends on the type of use, I've seen some batteries last 10+ years and some last just 3. Driving long distances is easier on them.

TBH if it's ok id leave it but you can get them tested if you are worried about it

Mine is 51 plate with 96k and it still on its original battery,

It was low mileage when i bought it and i do 8 miles a day, 4 to work 4 home altho it usually gets more use at weekends,

Thanks for that, I did just wonder if I was pushing my luck, the battery has a green indicator and I could not see the green part but I was looking in bright sunlight, when the car was recently serviced the chap who did it told me the green indicator was still just visible so I assume its electrolyte level is ok.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just replaced the original battery on my 51 1.9TDi. The battery was till working but i could tell it was getting tired and didn't want to push my luck any more. I still can't believe how long it lasted!!!!