Anyone know these cars?

Well not much of an update

The 11000 mile car at Motordepot has no options at all but also no stamps in the service book so that's off the list

The 30000 mile car at jct has fsh, climate, black roof, chrome alloys (yuck) and i'm thinking with this mileage any problems should have been sorted?

Anyone else have a VRS with high mileage?

ok another update - Bought the Motordepot car with 11k as the salesmanager has confirmed tonight it has 2 stamps in the book so warranty intact :)

Calling over next weekend

Hope i will - black grille 1st mod on list, nice mats (do Skoda do velour ones?), eibach in future (for looks), remap, front spoiler, black headlights - damn, thought this was going to be a cheap car :giggle:

Well i did enquire about 2 montes, dealers were supposed to ring me back today but didn't so i phoned back about the VRS to check the service history, when he said it had it i decided to go for that instead.

Do Skoda not do VRS mats for the later models as they did with the MK1?

Unfortunately skoda don't make any vRS branded mats for the mk2. I think there are some companies out there that will make some up for you if you are planning to keep the car that long! ;-)

Thanks - i did find some nice velour ones on the superskoda website - just got to wait till the weekend when i test drive the car to make sure i'm getting it before i place the order for all the bits i've bookmarked on their website :)

Are there any other websites for accessories for the Fabia apart from superskoda and ebay? would be nice to find some chrome/ alloy bits to bling the interior up a bit to bring it upto Audi standards :)

Update - did a 140 mile round trip to see/drive the Motordepot car which i left a deposit on, came home not a happy chappy :(

o/s/r door has been repainted - looking down the side i noticed a lot of ripples and looking at the rubber underneath the window it was covered in paint

Went to look at the other car at jct and it still wasn't there? salesguy said it was in with skoda having a service? it's been there for almost 2 weeks now so something is fishy????

There's a silver 1 i've been online (no piccies though) which has a few extras - not sure on silver as i wanted the green or blue - has anyone got pics of silvers VRSs so i can see how it looks before wasting my day again tommorow?

Thinking maybe i should go for a monte instead?

Yeah - last week it was in for it's service and today i was told warranty work as well? now wondering if it's in their bodyshop or waiting for a new engine or something? maybe it's been lent out to a customer who's thrashing the nuts out of it :(

Not easy trying to find a mint car - i buy almost all my cars online so rely on the sellers description and 80% of the time they're acurate and the other 20% of the time they've failed to spot something/ lied/ misled about condition, history, etc.

I only have the weekends (unless i have to work saturdays) to visit dealers and most cars are 100+ miles away which is a pain when i get there (like todays visit) to find the car not as described over the phone/ internet

I was thinking of the Monte as it looks ok and should be nippy (i'm guessing) and for £10k i can get one a year old

The VRS should be as quick as if not quicker than the Clio, more economical (i'm getting 26mpg around town taking it very steady), newer (ok for an extra £2k it should be), more comfy and better built (hate rattles) - i would prefer a Polo GTi but they're an extra £4k

Might have a drive over to see the silver VRS tommorow - saw it in passing the other day but it was sat in a compound filthy so i didn't see it properly

Getting 54 mpg at the mo on my Monte 1.6D

Its Silver & I think it was the best colour (for me) to go for, as it really shows off the Black bits so much better.

More than enough power when run in, and can really go when its required.

Next year the road tax is £20. There's another reason.

CD

Well went for a look at the silver VRS - 3 kerbed alloys and a big gap between the bonnet and front wing (you could see the bolts on top of the wing through the gap)

Looking around the web for other cars for sale i found what i'm picking up tommorow :) left a deposit after a 3 day haggling match (managed another £700 for my p/x) - 540 mile round trip which i'm not looking forward to but it's the only chance i've got to get there :(

This is more expensive than the VRSs i looked at but is less than a year old and only has 7k on the clock - cheaper to run, manual (don't think i'd have enjoyed the dsg all the time), nippy (not as quick as the VRS) and blue

Suzuki Swift Sport :)

swiftnoplate_zpsad90aa47.jpg

• Like 1

:giggle:

Been driving 24 years, average ownership over last 15 years is 2-3 months due to boredom

Most cars have been "hot hatches" - Focus ST, Imprezas (x3), TT, Astra VXR, Corsa VXR (lasted 3 weeks), Golf GTi (edition30), Cupra, etc - also had a couple of Freelanders and 5 BMWs in the mix :)

Currently own a Triumph Street Triple R which i've had for just over a year which i don't think i'll ever get to ride again due to the crappy weather :(

I would have thought if you ditch them so quickly, price would be the big selling point here! Get a knock down price and drive it till late summer, sell it again, minimal losses! As for previus owners, why worry for short term ownership? It seems you are asking purely for the sake of asking!