when will the various trim levels of the "original" yeti start dropping off the configurator?

john96

as above. with the facelift due at the end of the year, are they going to start dropping the trim and engine specs?

or maybe give us a "blackline" type run out model?

skoda if you read this make it a vrs type with alcantara!!!

lol

tbh there does not seem to be much changed on the superb!

however if the spy pics and mock ups are to believed the yeti front end will be very different. maybe interiors will change also???

tbh there does not seem to be much changed on the superb!

however if the spy pics and mock ups are to believed the yeti front end will be very different. maybe interiors will change also???

We have been through this so many times now, but I shall repeat it again...........

there have been no actual photos released by Skoda of the facelift. There were 2 photos of a Yeti in "scatter" camoflage that appeared to show some slight alterations to the front and rear bumpers. There have been lots of very poor Photoshop renditions that nearly everyone says can be safely ignored.

I do not understand why you think that trim levels or model specs will change as and when the "facelift" is introduced. It might happen when Yeti Mk2 comes, but I very much doubt any earlier than that.

graham. its a Saturday night and i started the thread for the purpose of a discussion.

I know the mock ups are just that!! (hence why I said if the mock ups are to be believed! )

I am on my second yeti and will possibly be buying another later this year. maybe other people on here will be doing the same but would like to wish for some bits that are currently not available! !

if thats stressing you out please dont feel the need to contribute!

big hugs

john

Fine, I was just responding to your comment in #3.

I still don't understand why you think they will drop trim or engine levels. Perhaps you could explai that idea? It doesn't seem to have happened with any other model, so why should it on the Yeti?

graham. I genuinely am not at a wind up. it was a question I had because the yeti we all have is getting changed. if so are skoda going to limit choices to rationalise stock.

the next bit was what I personally would like to have. a vrs clone with alcantara as no cost option!

As said, looking at other models in the range there has been no reduction in choices when there have been facelifts, or even a complete change. Octi2 to Octi3 for example. If anything there appear to be more choices.

And how does it rationalise stock? Nearly all cars are now built "on demand/order" and there are very few speculative builds. Therefore stocks of parts also aren't ordered speculatively either.

As for other models, I don't see a Vrs Yeti as it doesn't seem to fit into the Skoda "concept" of the SUV format, and most companies look at the mistake that even LR accept they made with the Freelander Sport! I also doubt it fits into the perceived market-place that the Yeti is aimed at, even though there are one or two here who can disprove that.

You also have to remember that the final specifications are up to the National importer. I understand, for example, that Alcantra trim is available on some models in Europe, but is not specified by SUK. Therefore more pressure needs to be brought on the importer to bring our spec's in-line with the rest of Europe. (16" wheels again!!)

as someone who tried (unsuccessfully) to get 16 inch wheels its very annoying when something that is available elsewhere is unobtainable.

alcantara is/was a cost option on se but not available on the elegance!

ideally skoda would let customers order from the whole option range but for whatever reason they dont.

it would be nice if they suddenly let us have a wider choice of options as part of a run out model on the yeti.

are you listening skoda!!

I know that a vrs style yeti is not going to happen. but I can dream! !

As a comparison, do other manufacturers allow certain "extras" only on certain models?

I know that LR used to have the "Autobiography" range on the RR and Disco, where you could basically have what you wanted, but you had to pay (lots) extra to have it.

Yes they do - particularly on run out models - not the same beast, but I have a Renault Sport Clio 182 Trophy, a limited run of 500 at the very end of the model life before the new 197 was launched. Lots of special bits only available on the Trophy (including alcantara recaros and adjustable Sachs group N front struts); so why not something appropriate on a Yeti?

I thought the Yeti Urban was the (somewhat premature) lead-out special edition?

Otherwise I'm sure there will be some spec adjustments by Skoda corporate, and some seemingly nonsensical spec selections by SkodaUk from those specs for UK Yetis! Is there a Yeti mk1b wishlist thread somewhere? As a potential customer I'd have a few suggestions too (eg I like the Seat Leon bundle of satnav, LED lights and DAB for £500!)...

But to answer "when will the configurator change" I'd guess 3 months after the facelift specs are announced ;)

understand' date=' for example, that Alcantra trim is available on some models in Europe, but is not specified by SUK.

[/quote']

See my signature below.

Alcantra trim is an odd one even for SUK standards of bizarreness. It’s standard on an SE Superb with the Elegance of that model having full leather, like the Yeti. However the Yeti SE has cloth, with both Alacantra and leather as a cost option but for the same price.

In Europe most countries have leather or Alacantra as cost options on the top two specs with the SE / Elegance equivalents having cloth as standard.

TP

A couple of bizarre examples (Alcantara?) aside, I think some people are overly harsh in their attitude to SUK.

If you take a step back, we get a pretty good range of options/engine choices/& trim levels, without a lot of the options being placed into 'packs' as many manufacturers do - not bad for a value for money brand! Because of this, SUK sometimes have to deal with odd anomalies, such as having to restrict, for example, combined options of a sunroof + spare wheel on some models, & have to deal with the resultant flack from customers.

A complete free-for-all on the options list is unrealistic IMHO, too many VED bands now - fully-loaded 'specials' are, of course, another matter.

• Like 1

As was pointed out when I got mine, adding leather/Alcantara to the SE basically puts it at Elegance pricing, which gets leather as standard, plus a load of other stuff, so who would have an SE with leather/Alcantara? I only got it because, for whatever reason, Škoda threw it in for free (without being asked to).

Edited by weasley

As was pointed out when I got mine, adding leather/Alcantara to the SE basically puts it at Elegance pricing, which gets leather as standard, plus a load of other stuff, so who would have an SE with leather/Alcantara? I only got it because, for whatever reason, Škoda threw it in for free (without being asked to).

Absolutely true, but I think the thing that people struggle with is that it's leather only on the Elegance.

Agree that the level of kit offered by SUK is generally good, however I personally find the rigid style over substance approach to trim specification very frustrating, without giving a thought to owners who would like a vehicle to be more practical. The Yeti has the capability, to work as a proper light SUV, so why don't SUK give owners the choice of equipping it as such.

Same applies to other models in the range, where owners often complain that for example, you can get the Fabia Scout but not with the raised suspension and RRP as available in other countries. One wonders if these these people who decide such things for SUK on behalf of their customers, ever venture outside Milton Keynes, or have ever driven down country roads and lanes littered with potholes deep enough to break wheels and suspension.

Grumble over,

TP

I would like to see SUK give the UK market the same engine/gearbox combos that Skoda let the rest of the work use in the Yeti - the 1.4tsi with DSG, the 1.8tsi with DSG as examples.

• Like 3

I would like to see SUK give the UK market the same engine/gearbox combos that Skoda let the rest of the work use in the Yeti - the 1.4tsi with DSG, the 1.8tsi with DSG as examples.

I would like to see those options too - both in 2wd & 4wd versions.

However, one of the attractions of the Skoda brand is value for money. Exactly how far can a company go in testing every engine option / with every trim option / with a choice of wheel sizes / with an open options list to please everyone, to determine the CO2 emissions? This is particularly pertinent in the UK with the recent love affair with diesels & low petrol sales - maybe choice will improve if this trend continues to slow/reverse?????

Interesting also, to look at the configurators for our European neighbours & see how many countries make these engines available, with or without DSG. It appears to me that the 1.4 & 1.8 engines aren't always available, let alone with DSG, so we don't fair too badly.

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

I would like to see those options too - both in 2wd & 4wd versions.

However, one of the attractions of the Skoda brand is value for money. Exactly how far can a company go in testing every engine option / with every trim option / with a choice of wheel sizes / with an open options list to please everyone, to determine the CO2 emissions? This is particularly pertinent in the UK with the recent love affair with diesels & low petrol sales - maybe choice will improve if this trend continues to slow/reverse?????

Interesting also, to look at the configurators for our European neighbours & see how many countries make these engines available, with or without DSG. It appears to me that the 1.4 & 1.8 engines aren't always available, let alone with DSG, so we don't fair too badly.

My point is they are available in Europe, but SUK don't import them. All the testing has been done.......

Sent using whatever device I'm using at the time.

My point is they are available in Europe, but SUK don't import them. All the testing has been done.......

Furthermore, I'd have thought the UK market for the Yeti was one of the bigger markets for Skoda?

As said, looking at other models in the range there has been no reduction in choices when there have been facelifts, or even a complete change. Octi2 to Octi3 for example. If anything there appear to be more choices.

Yes there has, the Octavia MkII Scout, 4x4 and vRS were dropped from the range last year.

A number of engines were also limited to 'current stocks only'.

In addition to these reductions there were also temporary range additions (SE Connect, SE Plus and vRS Blackline).

It is therefore perfectly feasible for the OP to suggest the MkI Yeti may see the same.

But remember the a Yeti is only going FL, like the Octavia did around 2008. They did an LE version of the vRS, but I don't remember what else they did.

You can't really compare the Yeti to Yeti FL to the Octy 2 to 3 change, as the change was massive literately. Whereas the Octy FL just had a few changes to freshen it up.

Facelift or Next Gen, there will still be enough of a change to differentiate the MkI and MkII.

Special editions, throwing factory options in for free etc. provide the dealers with the amunition they need to have a last push on the old model.

Skoda still dropped a number of current engines from the MkII Octavia last year despite them being carried over to the MkIII. I guess this was to free up prooduction capacity.

If there aren't any limitations on specs or a last run special edition I'm sure we'll at least see some tasty 0% VAT / finance deals...