I just have to tell everyone I can

Thanks all....yes it has finally been worth it probably, although only if it lasts a while!!! It has 1350cc and is running a cast iron 8 port big valve head, banana manifolds with Weber 40 throttle bodies and Canems ECU, a 4 branch manifold and works replica exhaust and SK6 cam.

This is it without air filters or rear box.....

001-15.jpg

Excellent stuff after lots and lots of effort. Hopefully I can have a look at Snotty in the flesh one day as the piccies I've seen look awesome!

Nah - only lots of effort - less than a year from getting the head to producing the goods.......better calculations might have helped produce the results last year.....and saved a small fortune! I would say I was pioneering, but actually I am pioneering 40 year old technology that I couldn't find the information about. The main thing is its legal for hillclimbing and its good that its probably the most powerful Skoda pushrod engined Skoda in the UK. Think it might be as quick as some mongrels with Rover engines too ;)

At the moment (until I break it or take it to bits to make it go quicker...) I intend to be at Stamford hall in May......

Edited by hawkeracing
  • Like 1

At the moment (until I break it or take it to bits to make it go quicker...) I intend to be at Stamford hall in May......

I was intending to be at Stanford Hall too, but then a cousin relation in Germany decided Sat 25th May was a good day for a wedding, and were off there instead....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jay and you probably will.......Snotty is so loud and raw I won't be doing more than 70mph I doubt.....but I've created speed using old fashioned Skoda engine parts to keep the car within the motorsport regs which was the only aim. Your mongrel is fantastic but it's not eligible for Crufts :rofl: !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately JDM dyno over reads compared to all over, but still will be in the 100 WHP region.

I think he would disagree as would a lot of the people who go there......he recently had one of the many VX clubs visit and a nicely run in standard Astra turbo made exactly what the factory quote. In my personal experience I found the figures the car produced (on a previous engine) were almost identical on the Bogg Bros rollers as on JDM. Ultimately the rollers main purpose is to get the engine set up well and he has certainly done that!

Unfortunately JDM dyno over reads compared to all over, but still will be in the 100 WHP region.

I think he would disagree as would a lot of the people who go there......he recently had one of the many VX clubs visit and a nicely run in standard Astra turbo made exactly what the factory quote. In my personal experience I found the figures the car produced (on a previous engine) were almost identical on the Bogg Bros rollers as on JDM. Ultimately the rollers main purpose is to get the engine set up well and he has certainly done that!

has anyone ever had figures in the same tune from him and Emerald, since their dyno is notoriously low reading?

has anyone ever had figures in the same tune from him and Emerald, since their dyno is notoriously low reading?

I've no idea but they are a very long way apart so I don't imagine so. I can only go on my experience and not internet gossip - which is mixed as it is for most places. Some people say JDM reads high, some say he is spot on, the actual owner will tell you he believes it is spot on.

I wonder which rolling roads ajs_vrs has been to other than JDM to back up his statement?