Vrs running slighty odd after remap

Had the vrs remapped on saturday, was running bang on but ive noticed in the higher revs, 5500rpm onwards its running out of puff, like its leaning out or something. I checked all the vac pipes and replaced two which were split. Still the same.

Theres no fault codes at all, although the other night the EML was flashing for about 2minutes but still no codes. I put the standard DV back on today which made no difference.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

It will work better on better fuel. Try sainsburys super. A good compromise I found in both performance and price over std unleaded.

Ide take it back.

If you went cheap get a refund and geta shark map or something from a rep place like rtech.

No sub for crap maps mate been there and it ruins the drive and costs more in long run.

The car is fine in every other aspect the boost is bang on. It only seems to struggle in 3rd gear or above. 1st & 2nd are fine.

Unless ive got more vac pipes knackered somewhere. The two i replaced went into the inlet manifold.

It was suggested to fill up with 98octane, disconnect the battery for 15mins so the ecu can relearn it values?

Sent from my iPhone 4s

even if you don't get your money back, request for the standard map to be put back in situ.

don't mean to sound alarming but this could damage your engine, irrevocably if the map is crap.

The same map has been fine on the other cars done on the day including another vrs, some passat 1.8t's and an audi a3. I didnt notice the problem till i stuck morrisons fuel in, i had it on v-max for 50/60 miles after the map

Sent from my iPhone 4s

The same map has been fine on the other cars done on the day including another vrs, some passat 1.8t's and an audi a3. I didnt notice the problem till i stuck morrisons fuel in, i had it on v-max for 50/60 miles after the map

Haven't you answered your own question then?

If you only noticed it when you put that cheap crapy morrisons fuel in.

Generally these cars work better on higher octane rating and certainly if you had car mapped with higher octane fuel in it. I use tesco super in mine. And yes if changing fuel from super to std the ecu will need to learn the fuel/air values. The fact you have a map to get more power out of your car is going expect more fuel going in and thus stay away from morrisons they are known to be crud.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Sent from my Galaxy S3.

Is it really noticeable or only slight?

Your power should be starting to drop off around then and what vrstom said makes sense.

It's not the most aerodynamic car in the world and at 5500+rpm in 3rd I'm guessing you'd be approaching 90Mph so you will be getting alot of air resistance. This would be a good explanation especially if you don't notice it in 2nd @ 55+Mph.

Mine is generally quickest if I change up around 5500 because after that it's past peak power and torque anyway. it's not a Honda....

A lot of maps I've seen get power earlier than redline so yours might just be like that?

Also, my car pulls the timing way back on 95 octane fuel so that could also be an issue high up in the revs.

Its not mega noticable but its there none the less. Its definately better now its on tesco super unleaded anyway. I think the problem may lie with the DV. I had an ebay special fitted but the seal on the top had hardened and crumbled, Contacted the seller im just awaiting a new one. the original DV is back on but i suspected that to be funny anyway hence why i fitted the ebay one.

Hopefully I can get back to annoying the 5 series drivers soon

generic maps are crap m8 .. i had one from a trusted source off here and just didn't work correctly … custom is the only way to go ;)

Bit of a sweeping statement. A generic map from someone who knows their onions stands a good chance of being great.

After all they are all generically mapped to start with.

• Like 1

Got my replacement vagcom scanner this morning as my old one went faulty. Ive been using my normal any car scanner which hasnt picked up any faults, vag com gave me these

16684-P0300 random misfire detected-any cylinder

16686-P0302 cylinder 2 misfire detected

16687-P0303 cylinder 3 misfire detected

18010-P1602 power supply (B+) terminal 30-low voltage

Ive contacted skoda, my car has never had replacement coil packs under recall

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Keep in mind that your car has 10 years which isn`t a problem if you run stock boost which peaks around 0.7 bar and tails off to 0.5 bar at the red line. Stage 1 remap usually peaks around 1.0-1.1 bar (50% more pressure) which puts a lot of stress on pipes especially boost ones. You wouldn`t notice that problem if you had not chipped it.

A lot of people don`t check everything and replace if necessary before going to a tuner, this usually ends in bashing.

Boost leak check is first thing to do, check all vacuum pipes, coil and spark plugs and especially FPR and fuel pump.

Mapping a car for a specific fuel will always cause problems when you put cheap supermarket crap in.my last couple Scoobies were mapped for 99 fuel and would throw a right hissy fit if used different fuel as no 99 available

I think im problems are down to a knackered DV which ive now sorted in my own over enginnered way and some worn coilpacks. Coil packs are been replaced under recall on tuesday

Sent from my iPhone 4s