My New vRS 170PD :)

So after owning 3 mk1 Octy vRS's i decided it was about time to get a new car, so what better than a mk2 octavia face lift, (2010)

its in race blue 2.0 tdi 170PD. i actually love it!! cant understand why i didnt do it sooner.

couple of questions i want to know if you could all help.

ive seen a couple of people mention an injector recall on the 170pd engines? would a 2010 reg one come under this and what are the tell tale signs to see if its been done already?

also it has the touch screen radio in it..... but no sat nav :( what do i need to do to get sat nav on it and the phone button working? all the phone button does at the moment is mute it?

is there also a function to get the DRL lights to come on when i unlock the car?

and the next issue/confusion................. the headlights have side lighs........but they dont come on. when the lights are off the DRL lights are on and bright. when i turn the lights on the DRL's just dim but the side light bulbs still dont illuminate? is this normal?

Many Thanks :)

Not that I know of mate but the CR really is amazing technology, electronically controlled diesel injectors are the future, I should know I did a 1200 word assignment on it :rolleyes:

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

The issue with your stereo is that it sounds like you have got a bolero so no sat nav available. Also unless you upgrade with a Bluetooth unit the stereo won't connect to your phone other than through the aux input with a cable. The phone button simply mutes/ pauses. The drls getting dim as sidelights is completley normal- mine does it too!

• Like 1

Hi,

I have the Columbus HU in my 08 vRS has fully functioning sat nav but phone button just mutes like yours. I believe I need the bluetooth unit fitted and its quite expensive so i've been told so need to wait a bit before this happens.

To retro fit columbus in yours I reckon you will only need the antenna for the nav function but the harness should be ok, unless I can be corrected!

Steve