Red Or White ?

When I was picking up my all black vRS there was a brand new Bumblebee Monte on the forecourt and I loved it. Yellow with black roof, trim and wheels looks stunning!

Red or White - I'd go for Red on Monte. For some reason White is a tad, how to put it to avoid backlash ( ;) ), not in my style :D

I have white and personally prefer it, although I sat in the dealership swithering for a few hours! Having seen a red one and mines side by side, from the front red looks better, but the rear the white, looks a lot sharper and shows the rear creases a little better, making it look a tad wider. Plus in white, it's nice to have the "pop" of the red rear lenses.

However, I did see a yellow one in the work car park the other week and, in hindsight, that would have been the better option!

Edited by CB1
  • Like 1

Silver.

And here's why...

No one else has got one, so they are very rare.

Plus they show off the Black bits a treat.

And the real reason..........................

The last car was Silver, so I got another Silver one, so the Wiffe can find it in the car park.

If I got a different colour she would still be looking for the car now. :giggle:

Edited by Carlo diesel
  • Like 3

Not really that educated on the colours available but saw a Fabia in blue with a white roof and white alloys and thought it looked really good :yes:

Carlo, he can't choose silver because he's looking at a Monte 'TECH', which only comes in red or white (but fair enough, you were just making your point).

I genuinely don't want to offend anyone, but IMO all Monte's look a bit Halfords/ 'yoof' with those arches. I've been thinking that for the past two years every time I pass a red one daily, so I can't suddenly start thinking that they look amazing now I'm considering one! It's a shame no-one can provide pics of an actual car with painted bodykit, just so that we can see what it would look like.

Old-fashioned red can fade (I'm currently in-between cars, driving a 1995 Rover owned from new, red paintwork which looks like you've peeled it off or sanded it down, car was always cleaned etc) but the consensus is that modern paints don't suffer from this. Contrary to some people's opinion (and in mine), white cars don't show the dirt/ acid rain as much as people think, nothing like black, although silver is king if you're not someone who cleans their car regularly.

Anyway back to the Monte, I think red gets away with the arches better, but like I say, as a potential buyer I'd love to see a colour-coded white one (well, all colours ideally). That said, I'd be worried that I might choose the wrong spray shop and they do a bodge-job and it starts looking ropey within a couple of years.

My friend just brought the white vrs with black roof and I think it looks great but he has already told me he would never buy another white car again as they get too dirty too quick. I own the red one with black roof and even when its dirty it still shines.

Uh oh...thought this was about wine! But go for white, it just doesn't show the dust like darker colours. I've had loads of white ones for that very reason after having just about every other colour going.

It's weird - I never see another Monte when I'm driving mine.

Every time I'm driving the wife's Golf, I see a Monte!

Anyone know of stone chip repair solutions for the Corrida red?

Do they still do touch up sticks?

I have developed some bonnet stone chips (not surprising, as my daily commute goes through roads Beirut, Baghdad and most of the third world would be ashamed of) and the doors appear to have come off worse against the walls on the few occassions the kids have had any door opening interaction... :-(

Yep, you can order the paint from your dealer. It's the very same paint as used by the factory to paint your car in a handy touch up. The cost for the two coat metallic is £12 odd for the two stick twin pack. Don't know what Corridor red is going to cost or even if it may have a clearcoat on top.

Seen a few pics of yellow montes and strangely think they look rather good!

theres a Yellow monte at DM Keith Leeds and it looks awful imo. It has the new style Skoda badges too which I don't think look as good either!

Edited by charles

Gotta say, the Monte looks good in every colour I've seen it - the black frontal features and smoked headlights contrast so pleasingly with many colours. In the end I'd probably plump for red over white, as although the contrast isn't so strong, the effects of a good polish and wax would be more noticeable and longer-lasting than with a white car (I've had cars with both colours).

I thought my wife should buy a white one but she went red and I've got to say over the last 6/7 months it had grown on me and I love it... BUT just to throw a curve ball into the conversation Winchester Motor Company, who in my opinion are the only reputable Skoda dealer in Hampshire leant my wife a grey one whilst hers was in for some work and we all agreed it was lovely. In the catalogue it looks bland in the flesh it looks HOT!

• Like 1