Skoda Dealer Not Interested

Just got back from a visit to my not so local dealer.

I have been getting intermittent problems with the 7 speed DSG box.

The 2 main causes which are of concern, are well reported problems, on this and many other Skoda forums over the world.

The first is the jerking when pulling away quickly after slowing for traffic,and the box drops down to say 2nd or 3rd gear. This gives rise to a snatched pick up and holding on to the gear for longer than would be normal. This in turn produces even more discomfort for me as SWMBO goes straight into overdrive.

The second, and I consider even more discomforting, is the change from normal drive into D2 or D3, when slowing down and turning a roundabout or left hand turn. It may be imagination but this fault seems always related to turning the steering and accelerating away. Some what similar to the fault listed above but with a different result. In this case there is no indication that the DSG has dropped into D2/3 and I rev the nuts off the engine before realising anything.

Both these faults as usual are intermittent and unpredictable.

Any way the result of the dealers visit was the 15 mile test drive showed up nothing and there where no fault codes recorded in the system. The dealer gave the car a 100% pass on all tests.

The dealer then said that I should drive the car as normal and as soon as the fault reoccurred to bring it back and they would be able to fix it. All my protesting and pointing out that this was a well documented fault fell on deaf ears.

In other words no fault code no fix.

Now at the end of the road and don't know what to do next, especially as the warranty runs out at the end of June this year

Did you not go out on the test drive with them? I would take the car out and drive it with the mechanic in the car with you. They will just give it to the trainee to do the sandwich run it otherwise.

Did you not go out on the test drive with them? I would take the car out and drive it with the mechanic in the car with you. They will just give it to the trainee to do the sandwich run it otherwise.

No - I did not go out with the test driver as I had to leave the car and they tested it when they were ready.

When I collected the car the "Principal Technician" came out and spoke and said that he had carried out all tests and driven the car himself. I known this is not positive proof but trust has to start some were

try another dealer?

Everything is possible but I was hoping to be able to get this dealer to do something positive.

I might even get the same result from any dealer.

This is all chargeable work and I don't see any dealer turning this away if there is a chance of billing SUK.

I would say "Typical of them"

The worst in the whole of Dorset.I have had some much trouble in the past with them and others too but thats another story.

Try the dealer i got my car from new with and they are 100% brilliant place and so helpful:

Meadens Skoda in Sway

http://www.meadensskoda.co.uk/

They will definately help you out i,m very sure.Family run business who will sort anything out no end.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

I would say "Typical of them"

The worst in the whole of Dorset.I have had some much trouble in the past with them and others too but thats another story.

Try the dealer i got my car from new with and they are 100% brilliant place and so helpful:

Meadens Skoda in Sway

http://www.meadensskoda.co.uk/

They will definately help you out i,m very sure.Family run business who will sort anything out no end.

Thanks for the advise.

Yes I do know of Meadens and have always been impressed even when only looking.

Will they be able to see any master file record that I have already had this looked at by another dealer.

The 2nd gear judder is a known issue and there at least was a bulletin on it.

It's a simple download from the gearbox and send it to technical and they will tell you if the clutch needs changing.

Thanks for constructive reply.

Could you expand a little - what bulletin are you referring to.

What is meant by "send it to technical".

Thanks for any further info.

Speak to the Service Manager named Elton and he will take care of it for you.

Explain you have been to W******* Corfe Mullen and had no joy and been "fobbed" off with some bull****

They,ll understand as nearly all go to Meadens now.

• Like 1

Thanks for constructive reply.

Could you expand a little - what bulletin are you referring to.

What is meant by "send it to technical".

Thanks for any further info.

The dealer has a bulletin on 2nd gear judder. Or at least they did 5 months ago, can't imagine much changing. Either way they hook your car up to the diagnostic machine and download a load of data from the gearbox. This then flies off to technical support who have a look at it. They know the specific areas to look at for this issue and normally will report back that the modded clutch pack is required if the measurements show its at the end of its adjustment.

• Like 1

Your car is in Warranty so theres no problem there.

I,ve been using them for over 8 years now and never had any warranty issues with them.I had a similar problem with my DMF with just months left on warranty and the mechanic drove it less than 100yds and said it was DMF straight away.They replaced it immediately.

At least they won,t ruin your car like the other so called dealer did to my Previous Octy which was only 3 months old.

• Like 1

To be fair if it's under warranty then they should have done the download anyway, it's still an obligation to report if a customer complains I think.

Anyhow taking it to another dealer will do no harm. Explains to them your concern with the other dealers lack of help and I'm sure they will jump at the chance to help you out. Well at leas they should given how hard Skoda come down on dealers for bad customer feedback.

• Like 2

Make sure its marked down on your records that you've reported the problem. That way if it takes a while to resolve i.e. after the warranty runs out you will still be able to claim as the original notification was made within warranty period.

• Like 1

I would take it back to where you purchased it if poss, did you purchase it new? If so, claim under SOGA.

I would ask to take their tech out on a drive to demo the problem. I always do this if I have an odd noise or whatever.

see related current topic on DSG judder.

As I said there what about extending warranty now for peace of mind. after all your dealer says your car has no mechanic problem to acknowledge.

Make sure its marked down on your records that you've reported the problem. That way if it takes a while to resolve i.e. after the warranty runs out you will still be able to claim as the original notification was made within warranty period.

Good point

Yes I have a service invoice at zero charge which details out the tests and results of the investigation.

Will make sure that I keep this safe.

Many thanks to every one who has taken time all advise respected and helpful.

I have made a decision based on members replies and decided to approach Meadens, cap in hand,

and talk face to face with Elton and hopefully get the problems sorted.

I will of course post back my results so as to leave a record for the benefit of others who may follow.

Thanks to all again.

• Like 1