Removing plastic rubbing strips on a pre-fl Octavia

hey all

Has anyone else got experience of removing these? Mine are looking a little tired and I'm going to wrap them to spruce them up a bit.

What's the easiest way to get these off? Does anyone know how many clips hold these on?

here's hoping I don't have to take the door cards off too!

Regards

D

Certainly on the facelift they're just stuck on so I would guess pre facelift would be the same.

Sarge.

Rear bumper:

You will need to remove the boot trim to get access to two bolts either side through the wings into metal plates in the bumper. On the left side the bolts also hold the Cd changer in place. Once you have done that, there are self tappers all round the edge of the bumper that need to come out. The rear light clusters need to come out to access trim just above the bumper that hide some screws. Not difficult at all just time consuming and fiddly. I understand the front is easier since the screws are more easily accessible and there is no trim to remove.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

There's only double sided sticky strips holding the door rubbing strips on and they are very easy to get off, ull need to tidy up the recess they lye in mind with some white spirits and a plastic scraper as it tears off and leaves a residue. Also if ur gonna wrap them ull have to clean the rubbing strips of the old sticky and re-apply new, so I'd suggest leaving them on and wrap them that way. I've bought some FL strips that can be painted as I'm gonna body colour mine.