Kyle_vrs fabia

Kyle_vrs

Had a go at lowering the struts to match the rear but it's a no go :( Ordered my window motor today, none in the uk so coming from Czech Republic so looking at about 2 weeks wait but hopefully will be less. Cost me £148 but I've waited long enough and the heat is getting ridiculous.

Hopefully bought a panel filter for it so the airbox is going back on and I think the callipers will go back green and the red engine cover back to black. I've pretty much decided I'm going to keep it abit longer but I just want it to be "sale ready" should I get the urge to sell or part ex. Even though it's very well looked after and not really thrashed I don't want people to look at it with cone filters etc fitted and get the wrong impression. I'm half tempted to let the wife have it and get a van for work but I'll see what happens.

Also ordered some led sidelights as I've got one out then I need to get it in for its mot. Should go through hopefully even with the decat. Will need some tyres soon too :(

Had my car mot'd today and it passed :) didn't even mention the decat but it seems I have a coolant leak :( he also commented on my front brakes juddering even though they're not that old so I'm going to look for some 312s or get them changed soon.

My window motor turned up today after 3 days even though they said it would be upto 2 weeks. So nice to have working windows I'm not even bothered it cost me £150! I just want to drive everywhere with the windows down :D

• Like 2

Bought a green cotton panel filter off of Richard on here as the last thing I wanted to remove was the s2000 filter as it wasn't really in keeping with the change of direction. Didn't want to go back to a standard air filter as it had been mapped with a cone filter on and thought a panel filter would be the better option. Probably no difference but I like to know it's got one on. I sold my pd160 intake a while back so made a custom one using my cold air feed :)

IMG_20140723_183049_zps8qpavpks.jpg

It seems I like working on my car on my birthday, last year I stripped the leathers out of the car up the scrappy along with my other goodies and fitted them and I've just now put all my airbox in :D

IMG_20140723_191301_zpsehdmlcuy.jpg

Looks alot better and in keeping with the car, not drove it yet but I'm sure it will be alot quieter only having a decat and a performance back box on. Would be easy enough to whip the strut brace off and get rid of the red on the engine cover if I came to sell or trade it in. Think this is how it will stay now for as long as I own it although I will probably give it to the wife and get a van for work as she wants it now I've "dechavved" it as she says!!

Where did you get the red and black s2000 cone Kyle?

You need a blueprint filter mate. Go to any car parts place (not euro) as they normally stock blueprint for Jap stuff but if they don't they'll be able to order a blueprint one for you

• 4 weeks later...

Do you happen to have a pic of where your vacuum hose for your boost gauge goes through the fire wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No sorry dude but if you remove the glovebox you'll see the grommet through the bulkhead

Some of you will probably know I had the fabia up for sale as I was going to get a van for work and buy the mrs a bigger diesel family car but the van I was looking at got sold and I had a big job in London this week so didn't have time to look for another. Anyway I ended up being offered a red mk1 octavia vrs running stage 2 cheap. The mrs loved it and I've always wanted one so we bought it and I'll keep the fabia for work I think.

57B73C70-FD91-4F0F-97D3-2D717AB9057C_zps

33C10D62-952E-434C-894A-E522F7ACC9FC_zps

EE7B8079-4A89-4F1C-AB82-B631CED47166_zps

85AA4BA4-6249-4CA9-BFA7-34D2B70756CF_zps

It's got forge fmic, forge tip and forge dump valve, carbinaro intake with k&n come filter and a jabba sport remap and a enlarged down pipe to sports cat and full miltek system and then a neuspeed RARB fitted. The sound it makes is awesome although it's weird driving it from my fabia as I'm used to the torque of mine whereas you have to rev this. Interior needs a good clean but overall it's very tidy. The wife says I can't lower it :( but to be honest I quite like it as it is. If it ends up breaking I think I'll end up selling the goodies and putting the brakes and spiders on my fabia :D

• Like 1

No sorry dude but if you remove the glovebox you'll see the grommet through the bulkhead

that ones in use for my 0gauge amp wire and I thought it might pinch the vacuum pipe so I was hoping for one on the drivers side. Thanks anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does it go compared to the Fabia mate?

Hard to give a definite answer at the min as there's a few things I need to sort as it doesn't seem to boost as hard as it should which I think is down to one of the boost hoses or possibly maf but it still seems to pull well. It's taking a lot of getting used to actually though as I'm used to the fabia whereas with this it feels abit unnatural to rev it right round but the sound from it is awesome. It's had a lot of expensive bits put on it so was worth a punt as I can make my money back stripping it if need be. I'm going to sell a couple of bits off of it that I don't want on it and use that money for some new tyres and sorting the hose that needs replacing etc and basically leave it looking as it is and have it as a sleeper vrs, standard looks but good power. Once I've got a boost gauge plumbed in and sorted the pipe etc I'll let you know in more detail but even so I have to say I'm impressed with it but I've not driven my fabia for a few days as I've took the alternator off as it needs a new one due to it starting to get noisy so the real test will be going from one to the other

• 3 weeks later...

Neglected this thread abit as I've been doing bits to the octy :)

My alternator started to make a noise so rather than replace the clutch pulley I changed the alternator, tensioner and belt. Probably the easiest alternator I've ever changed!!

C8CBB227-2EBF-4485-8C40-AE34DCF5570C_zps

All on and no noises now :) also changed the front tyres, cured the wheel wobble when braking but still judders under heavier braking so need to change the discs even though they're still like new :( will service it soon and probably do them at the same time

• 3 weeks later...

Working down in Woking so terkin kindly offered to meet me close by so I could buy his wheels he had for sale :)

0BC4B56F-2A62-4EAD-8A62-F252D782BEFA_zps

Could do with a refurb so I'm thinking anthracite with the red lettering like so

3269481D-73D0-4156-883E-ECD5E4F8FA1D_zps

Hoping it will look nice on these wheels as I can't find any pics of a fabia on these wheels

• Like 1

Made a start on my wheels today, stripped the tyres off and stuck them on eBay as they're too big for me to use.

This is the worst wheel

C3D1323D-485B-4F30-B17A-60E205B6E6B4_zps

B4D1969B-06ED-4501-BA61-321CD0124264_zps

Sanded it down with a power sander

FF3E52FF-7417-4BA9-B225-251413E5225D_zps

Then primered it in filler primer

DBBB99FD-2A45-4214-9649-98D772DA3EC4_zps

Quite like the look of them gold :D sanded them back down and now the spokes are nice and smooth :)

86C276BC-9E04-4723-80FE-B853ADF36D88_zps

Then rubbed them down all over and primered them. Only got 2 in primer as I've got to go mini bussing for the night soon so will primer the other 2 tomorrow probably and start to paint them

759F1B1A-1F9B-4B2B-A59E-69CB046C5FA9_zps

Love the look of them white and I do have a fetish for white wheels but these aren't mint enough for me to go white :( wish I'd got these wheels when I had the single 3" exhaust on I think it would of looked nice together. Will need to go slightly lower with these wheels on I think to make it look good so I'm thinking apex springs as I'm not paying out £400+ for coilovers and I should be able to sell my eibach springs so the apex won't cost me too much. Will update tomorrow when I've got some sprayed

Also ordered the decals in red to go on when they're painted :)

E91A5726-FB33-4F7C-8B61-2B0DA3532DD6_zps

Don't think they'd of looked right without the decals on. Just need to get a centre cap for one but they're expensive as they're carbon fibre!! Bidding on some on eBay though :) fingers crossed I win them

Been quite busy with these. Got the last 2 wheels rubbed down and primered and then got all 4 wheels sprayed. 3 have had 2 coats and are ready to be lacquered and the last one needs running back as the original oz racing lettering has reacted :( but shouldn't take to much to sort it out. Does anyone know if I need to put the decals in then lacquer the wheels or lacquer them and then apply the decals?? The original writing is painted on which I didn't know until I started to run them down I always thought they were stickers. Anyway some pics

F2FCFDAD-7B3B-4FDF-B1A8-C2F0D0C72009_zps

I think they look stunning, can't wait to see it with the red lettering on. Tried one of the carbon fibre centre caps to see how it looks against the anthracite, look lovely just need to make sure I win the other one I'm missing.

E1DB412A-12C2-4E81-8145-1C66DAA14506_zps

And all 4 painted in the kids wooden play house, I've evicted them :D

4AF6A42D-7E84-40B7-BD5A-6E3F8CF9DFEC_zps

Just got to give a quick blast around the inside so they look anthracite when you look through too.

Still abit nervous as to how these will look on the car I really hope they suit it as I've put a lot of time and money into refurbing them :/ should be in mid to end of next week. Does anyone know if standard wheel bolts will be ok with these??

Wheels look brilliant mate. Good job.

I think standard alloys use radial bolts, where as most after markets use tapered bolts.

Only one way to find out though :)

Cheers it's been a big job getting them looking good just hope they suit the car!! I take it it will be obvious if the standard wheel bolts aren't suitable??

Just be careful those radial bolts don't scratch the paint!

They look amazing :)

Why would they scratch the wheels Dan?? Is it worth me dropping a wheel bolt down one of the holes to see if they are ok before I put the tyres on as I don't want to have take the tyre back off cos I've got no wheel bolts for it and risk scratching the wheels

Cheers they have cost me a bomb to get them looking good so really hope they suit the car!! Paid £120 for the wheels and tyres but sold the tyres for £40 so stand me at £80. Paid £30 for primer and paint, £7 for the decals, £21 for tuner wheel bolts and I've just ordered a brand new centre cap for £18!! Got £156 invested in them but will hopefully get £100 for my standard wheels so I don't think £50 for these wheels is bad. Just waiting on my decals to turn up now then I can stick them on and lacquer the wheels and then once my bolts arrive I'll stick my tyres on and fit them  :clap:

I'm also really tempted to buy these to go with the carbon centre cap and colour of the wheels

6F815F1B-DD19-4286-A9BF-7F02C3C1D9FD_zps

6B513A68-839D-4A2D-8135-03B1BFCC6D42_zps

Think I'm getting a carbon fibre addiction  :sweat:  :sweat:  can see this costing me quite abit  :D

How does the badge come off the grill? is it clipped on so the new one just clips in its place and I take it the rear one is stuck on with double sided tape?