Airbag light on

Hi!

I have airbag light on on superb 1.9tdi.

vag com shows :

Address 15: Airbags Labels: 6Q0-909-605-VW5.lbl

Part No: 1C0 909 605 F

Component: 0C AIRBAG VW61 0K 0001

Coding: 12355

Shop #: WSC 00028

VCID: 2757E545C5F6351

1 Fault Found:

01218 - Side Airbag Igniter; Passenger Side (N200)

29-00 - Short to Ground

I had a water ingress problem http://nackuk.blogsp...hts-puddle.html ,but thats fixed now,dryed,all wires checked and fixed.

I checked conector under the pasenger seat,it looks fine.....

maybe try this thing http://forums.vwvort...ead.php?2815467

or what?

where else can be a problem?

thanks!

hi, normally with the airbag controller any fault codes are retained even if the problem has gone away, it's not like the engine ecu where sporadic or intermittent faults will automatically be erased after 50 starts of the engine if they dont re-occur, the airbag controller retains them permanently until they are erased with diagnostics equipment. it might be a simple case of just erasing the fault codes, any fault code in the airbag module brings on the warning lamp permanently till the codes are cleared

I cleared the fault code,but light comes back in 10 seconds...

and yes,i know what you mean,trundlenut

copy-paste If it is not 6Q0-909-605-A, then it should be safe to scan. The part number is both the numbers as well as the letters. So, if it is 6Q0-909-605-F, then it should be safe to scan. If it is 6Q0-909-605-A, then it is at risk of this problem -- Please avoid scanning the airbag controller in these cars, unless you are prepared to buy a new one!

as you can see mine is 6Q0-909-605-VW ,so no prob here...

But thanks for warning!

Occassionally, the reason for side airbag shorts is that airbag wire got tangled into pillar clips during factory assembly, then the clips will eat through insulation and shorten airbag circuit over time. I had it on Roomster (A pillar clips, error 1 week from factory), but it happens to most cars from time to time.

On the Superb, curtain airbag connection is behind C pillar trim (past rear doors), worth removing the pillar trim and checking if any wires look tired/stripped. If yes, the fix is simple, reinsulate, reroute, replace trim, clear code and job done. Hope this helps

• 3 weeks later...