Dent on C-pillar will cost about

Hi everyone,

I've been very unlucky to find a dent which is about 2" x 1" on my C - Pillar after work :( I was hoping to get it fixed by Dent Master by just pulling the dent out but i've now been told it needs to go to the bodyshop and it could cost up to £500! At this price i may as well get my insurance to sort it out as i'd only have to pay £100 but premium will go up. I've seen some people use a hairdryer to warm the dent up and then use compressed air or dry ice to pop dent's out of vehicles, is this something i should maybe try? Please let me know, if there are any other options to pull the dent out please let me know about those too thanks. Not very happy at the moment, i don't have a lot of luck lately. :(

As above definitely shop around when it comes to bodyshops,as with anything prices can vary a ridiculous amount in my experience! You might find that where as one place quotes £500, another will quote £200!

Find a dent man with a glue puller;

I had a dent removed at the top of the A-pillar on a civic, it was impossible to get to the rear of the panel so the dent guy used the glue puller and it was impossible to tell there was ever a dent there after. Cost me £90.

I've done the compressed air trick on some and it has worked for me but then for other dents it hasn't. IMO You can give it a go. Your not going to make it any worse.

Be aware that although you might only have a £100 premium to pay this time you will probably have to pay more for your next few years insurance due to having a claim against your name.

I would be very surprised if there was any access behind, the external C pillar is just a thin skin over a very strong superstructure that is designed to support keep the passenger cell intact in the event of a rollover. Depending on the dent it should be possible to pull it out though without rear access, using a glue puller like above.

Or if a PDR guy can't do it, definitely shop around. As I mentioned on your other thread, someone hit me in a car park 3 weeks ago and drove off. One body shop quoted me £650 + VAT, PDR guy couldn't do it as the panel had a crease and second body shop said £450 - I booked it in there and then and he's done an awesome job.

Anyone after any body shop work in West Yorkshire, Star Garage at Copley....

Thanks for the replies guys :) This glue puller, is this available for me to buy online? The dent is not very big but the only downside is it's location. If it was on a larger area or a flat surface it would make the job of fixing it much easier. The hair dryers & dry ice method also looks dead easy to try as well, making a claim on my insurance is probably not such a good idea after all. I would post pics on here but i'm not sure how to do it? Can i post them directly via my Galaxy S2?

Edited by VRS-R