felicia get low project

Its one of those things (like big body kits, rat look, Lexus lights and neons) that most people think are a bit stupid and tasteless but some people love. I think it will ruin the ride on an otherwise unassuming run of the mill 1990s hatch but hey what the heck if you like it and can put up with the questions and tackle speed humps like they are Everest then why not....there's not a shortage of Felicias or anything. I don't hate that particular look (unlike the others I mentioned!) I just can't imagine doing it myself.

Treat it to a strut brace to compliment the Anti-roll bar, where fitted, and I find it to be a pretty well handling car. Contrary to my idiot mates' opinions, I wouldn't even consider lowering mine because I would feel like I look a ***** driving it. I'm not saying people who lower their cars are pricks mind! ;)

Also, I live in a fairly rural area, and I would hate to rule out a nice bit of greenlaning. Not that I ever go greenlaning.

I find the estate likes to oversteer. I dunno if it's just rolls more at the back, or the wheelbase is too short for the estate.

• Like 1

Treat it to a strut brace to compliment the Anti-roll bar, where fitted, and I find it to be a pretty well handling car. Contrary to my idiot mates' opinions, I wouldn't even consider lowering mine because I would feel like I look a ***** driving it. I'm not saying people who lower their cars are pricks mind! ;)

Also, I live in a fairly rural area, and I would hate to rule out a nice bit of greenlaning. Not that I ever go greenlaning.

I find the estate likes to oversteer. I dunno if it's just rolls more at the back, or the wheelbase is too short for the estate.

Agreed Jonesy, with a strut brace etc I've never had any real handling issues. Providing of course you don't drive everywhere like a knob! ;)

Speaking of strut brace, should I feel any improvement if I fit one? My very simple Felicia doesn't have anti-roll bar.

It should help to 'stiffen' it up so on balance I'd say yes. Obviously the SB/ARB combo is the preference.

Speaking of strut brace, should I feel any improvement if I fit one? My very simple Felicia doesn't have anti-roll bar.

Got one in the diesel, didn't in the 1.3. Biggest difference I noticed was it makes taking the battery out a lot more difficult. Maybe I don't drive it hard enough. :blush:

• Like 1

I had mine pretty low at one point, but the roads I drive on a regular basis are terrible. Took out the kit and now only have it dropped by 40mm on the front. I like this one though and the rims are nice. hope you've a smoother road network than we do!

Many people got a hard time accepting that Felicia is a little, reliable, fun car as it is but lacked the finance to buy a real sports car. After they scraped enough asphalt with the underbelly, kinked enough rims, and urinated enough blood from bumps, they realized it was a waste of time & money. With everything they spent they could have bought a SH GTI in the first place.

But just to to give this topic a more optimistic boost, here is some food for thought from my vault.

4581931201_0dfc6ab994_zpsac2e44e4.jpg

6067_2009-11-09_20-32-07_24_zps1ee6947d.jpg

7345_2010-08-30_18-52-33_28_zps823ccab8.jpg

faruridelaVWPolo6n2_zpsc400df0e.jpg

Fela_inna_niz_wszystkie_1532578_zpsddf8d3bc.jpg

20060408_215844_zps83ee4198.jpg

20041224_182624_skoda_felicia_std_zps3b289764.jpg

6067_2009-11-09_20-25-08_49_zps11d339e7.jpg

4582561992_6f17f4d090_zpsa5a82b57.jpg72508477so8_zps9cdb6568.jpg20050203_152850_zps4abdf1d7.jpg

• Like 1

Many people got a hard time accepting that Felicia is a little, reliable, fun car as it is but lacked the finance to buy a real sports car. After they scraped enough asphalt with the underbelly, kinked enough rims, and urinated enough blood from bumps, they realized it was a waste of time & money. With everything they spent they could have bought a SH GTI in the first place.

But just to to give this topic a more optimistic boost, here is some food for thought from my vault.

4581931201_0dfc6ab994_zpsac2e44e4.jpg

6067_2009-11-09_20-32-07_24_zps1ee6947d.jpg

7345_2010-08-30_18-52-33_28_zps823ccab8.jpg

faruridelaVWPolo6n2_zpsc400df0e.jpg

Fela_inna_niz_wszystkie_1532578_zpsddf8d3bc.jpg

20060408_215844_zps83ee4198.jpg

20041224_182624_skoda_felicia_std_zps3b289764.jpg

6067_2009-11-09_20-25-08_49_zps11d339e7.jpg

4582561992_6f17f4d090_zpsa5a82b57.jpg72508477so8_zps9cdb6568.jpg20050203_152850_zps4abdf1d7.jpg

That's a cool array of cars Adurer, with I suspect quite a lot of time & money invested!! :smirk:;)

Mate, you missed my point: it's adam-felicia's party, the voice of reason will not stop him destroy his car. So I thought maybe help him with some inspirational material so at least he doesn't end up with some really hideous 'tuned' Felicia that I could post photos of and scare the **** out of this forum :)

By the way, when you reply right below somebody's post, quoting is not necessary, unless you refer to a part of that post.

Edited by adurer

The orange one is hideous....it looks like a Saxo......in fact, apart from the 1st one and the 1st red one, they are all a bit 'Barry'. One has a GTR badge FFS! I would rather see low ride than those things!

Edited by hawkeracing

I love the op's car (with the right wheels) and a couple of the cars above.

In the past i've owned a mk1 octy vrs, mk2 octy vrs, fiesta st, golf r32 and was recently looking at fast german saloons.

But guess what i've bought.....a 1.3 mpi felicia.

Why?

1) Because i'm sentimeantal and used to own a 1.6 glxi felicia and loved it

2) I had the opportunity to get hold of an unuasually clean felicia (my build thread may start once i've picked it up)

3) Because i wanted something different

My inspiration is coming from this pic currently

e188ac703ea29e0a5ae88e074bc67802.jpg

A question i'd like to ask the op is, what variant focus front's and golf mk2 rears do you use?

Edited by ClarkE_123
  • Like 1

Mate, you missed my point: it's adam-felicia's party, the voice of reason will not stop him destroy his car. So I thought maybe help him with some inspirational material so at least he doesn't end up with some really hideous 'tuned' Felicia that I could post photos of and scare the **** out of this forum :)

By the way, when you reply right below somebody's post, quoting is not necessary, unless you refer to a part of that post.

I wouldn't personally go down that styling route with any Felly, but equally respect the right/desire of others to do so & beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. Much in the same way as some people like my pick up whilst others just don't get it! Either way it's different, gets noticed & most importantly pleases me. :thumbup:;)

I love the first one in Adurers gallery, they look like genuine Skoda arches and front bumper from the Felicia rally cars but it's subtle, most people wouldn't even notice anything had been done to it. The rest are all a bit tacky (that's an understatement in most cases). I would like mine a little lower and a bit stiffer simply to improve the handling but not to the extent of some of the pictures above where they become impractical to use as everyday cars. But if someone else wants to do that to their own car, good for them.

I can't say too much, my Triumph is pretty low and very stiff and handles better than any of my modern cars but I use it mainly for driving events not an everyday car and after a weekend in it my ears are ringing, my throat's sore from shouting over the noise and I smell of the hot oil and exhaust fumes that come in when I open the windows but it's fun and I think the Felicia probably lends itself to the same sort of modifacations for a new generation but I want a bit of peace and comfort in mine!

I've gone the tow bar and dog guard route with mine. You have to put up with slobber on the rear head rests and restricted rear vision but when you pull up people expect some middle aged bloke with thinning hair to get out and then... oh, hang on a minute, yep, I do. Oh well so much for that then.

You go for it. Do the lowering thing while you still got hair. :think:

I love the first one in Adurers gallery, they look like genuine Skoda arches and front bumper from the Felicia rally cars but it's subtle, most people wouldn't even notice anything had been done to it.

Yeah, that was my last subliminal :) attempt to influence the choice of our presumably very young 'get (down?) low project' fan.

Now brace yourself and prepare to scream...

I love the op's car (with the right wheels) and a couple of the cars above.

In the past i've owned a mk1 octy vrs, mk2 octy vrs, fiesta st, golf r32 and was recently looking at fast german saloons.

But guess what i've bought.....a 1.3 mpi felicia.

Why?

1) Because i'm sentimeantal and used to own a 1.6 glxi felicia and loved it

2) I had the opportunity to get hold of an unuasually clean felicia (my build thread may start once i've picked it up)

3) Because i wanted something different

My inspiration is coming from this pic currently

e188ac703ea29e0a5ae88e074bc67802.jpg

A question i'd like to ask the op is, what variant focus front's and golf mk2 rears do you use?

I used fk coilovers mk1 focus fronts and mk2 golf rears. A few other lads on here pointed me in the right direction and it is fairly straight forward to fit

• Like 1

Yeah, that was my last subliminal :) attempt to influence the choice of our presumably very young 'get (down?) low project' fan.

Loving the paint job but the rest is akin to mods on acid!! :o :no:

I used fk coilovers mk1 focus fronts and mk2 golf rears. A few other lads on here pointed me in the right direction and it is fairly straight forward to fit

Cheers adam.

What i meant was what vehicle variant, gti for the golf ones? Does it matter on the focus 1.6, 1.8 , 2.0, st170/rs

I've read the front are tight to go in, did you do any machining or force them in?

I like the end result.

That is not the work of a halfrauds warrior.

Enthusiasts should be praised for putting the time and money on keeping felicias in good condition and on the road rather than casting them aside for a newer/faster/prettier car.

• Like 2

I like the end result.

That is not the work of a halfrauds warrior.

Enthusiasts should be praised for putting the time and money on keeping felicias in good condition and on the road rather than casting them aside for a newer/faster/prettier car.

For sure, but most Fellys are used as reliable, practical daily workhorses & can be preserved by the attention of careful owners.

However we all need to escape the real world at times!! ;)

• Like 1

Here is how I imagine that monstrosity of car was built (just for a giggle):

One early morning, the owner of that beautiful red 'Before' Felicia, multiple winner of tuning competitions, saw a big, nicely wrapped package at his front door. On the brown? UPS cardboard of that package there was only the Star Spangled Banner as sender. Scratching his head, he thought "wtf? it's not my birthday, I checked yesterday I'm sweating, so it's not Xmas either." So he ripped the package with eager hands (he kept the flag part to brag at the pub next evening) and what do you know? two pairs of shiny rims, one wider than the other, reflected the image of his bulging eyes. He took them in, tired after so much enthusiasm and went back to bed. He had a very strange dream with sharks killing each other in a pool of blood (too much Discovery watching?) then Vanilla Ice with a lot of blings on came to add to his nightmare, and finally his fat bulldog having the head of Chop Shop Leepu said to him with Bernie Fineman's sweet voice "wake up, you wa+ker!".

So our hero jumped up knowing exactly how to destroy his car. He even stretched his 165/70R14 tires on those beefy rims. The 'After' was born.

The end.

Edited by adurer