felicia get low project

not posted for a while so thought i would pop some pictures on. pictures when i first bought the car

DSC_0778_zpscdf8370f.jpg

DSC_0779_zps5e658784.jpg

DSC_0785_zpsd048893e.jpg

recently fitted mk1 focus front coilovers and mk2 golf rear coilovers both with custom shorter springs

DSC_0833_zps06324b98.jpg

sits alot better now but will adjust once fitted new wheels IMG-20130421-WA0000_zps6d0a9d33.jpg

• Like 2

Like.... If I put mine that low the sump would be touching the floor :-D

mine doesnt have massive clearance probaly 80mm. after a week of it being lowerd ive got alot of scrapes underneath and doubt sump plug will undo easily now :)

Must say as well, that's a remarkably good felicia you've got, it's not got rust in all the usual places.. Very clean car.

Its only done 29k and got full skoda history. Back arches have a very slight bubble bit its nothing. Just shame that previous owner has used wrong colour touch up pen

Pretty low that is! Looks good, them deepdish wheels should look nice when done aswell.

Whats the ride quality like ?

It aint bad the rear suspension is abit stiff but I'm not sat in the back lol so that dont bother me. Might do some arch work and get it sat lower on new wheels

What advantage do you get by lowering the body?

Small people can get in easier, kids' footballs don't get stuck underneath, don't have to stretch to wash the roof...

• Like 3

Plus you get that nice F1 ground suction effect at over 150 mph which is quite handy for a little family car.

Then you can't run over pedestrians, you just scrape them off the bumper, which is kind of neat, no mess underneath (evil laugh).

Edited by adurer

What advantage do you get by lowering the body?

Mostly aesthetics or stance as it's known. A few road scrappers round here, mostly V Dubs with young hoodied lads peering over the steering wheel.

Mulled it over during the earlier years of owning the pick up, but wife/kids have found 'better' ways to spend my money!! :doh:

• Like 1

Looks good. I had one that colour but unfortunately very rusty. Bits of it live on in the one I've got now. Those wheels really work with the champagne colour. Look forward to seeing photos once they're cleaned up.

I had my lowered truck parked outside a pub a few weeks ago and one of the locals at the bar asked who's truck it was. I said 'mine' He asked if the suspension was knackered. I replied that I'd lowered it. He replied 'why on earth did I do that?' To which I replied 'If you have to ask, you won't understand!'

• Like 3

Looks good. I had one that colour but unfortunately very rusty. Bits of it live on in the one I've got now. Those wheels really work with the champagne colour. Look forward to seeing photos once they're cleaned up.

The wheels will be gold centred and silver lipso should work well

I had my lowered truck parked outside a pub a few weeks ago and one of the locals at the bar asked who's truck it was. I said 'mine' He asked if the suspension was knackered. I replied that I'd lowered it. He replied 'why on earth did I do that?' To which I replied 'If you have to ask, you won't understand!'

So many people ask the question lol

Bottom line is this: lowering a family car like Felicia falls into the same category with "mine is bigger". It has no real advantage, it is just a desperate effort to mimic real, expensive sport cars or to attract no brains pussy. It's like gluing a plastic fake GPS antenna on the roof of the car and dream you have a BMW with a navigation unit. Not to mention the angel eyes trend on other cars than BMW. And I could go on for ever, but you got the point. So there's no mystery in WHY lowering a Felicia: for showing off and for stupid chicks.

I suppose adurer does have a fair point to be honest, in the past I've had some pretty low polos and golfs and they were all hugely impractical for daily use, they did look cool though, funny thing is back in the day when I was a triangular torso'd oik with back to front baseball hats I was really into that sort of thing, however after about a week of having the chopped springs or coilovers I normally regretted doing it and wish it was back to normal..

it is natural for nippers to lower cars, it's a right of passage, and it's a good way to learn a bit about cars, and more importantly it's earned me a few quid fitting such items to cars over the years.

• Like 1

I suppose adurer does have a fair point to be honest, in the past I've had some pretty low polos and golfs and they were all hugely impractical for daily use, they did look cool though, funny thing is back in the day when I was a triangular torso'd oik with back to front baseball hats I was really into that sort of thing, however after about a week of having the chopped springs or coilovers I normally regretted doing it and wish it was back to normal..

it is natural for nippers to lower cars, it's a right of passage, and it's a good way to learn a bit about cars, and more importantly it's earned me a few quid fitting such items to cars over the years.

I dont actually find mine inpratical it's not really that low. Definitley improves the handling and stops it feeling like a boat

I dont actually find mine inpratical it's not really that low. Definitley improves the handling and stops it feeling like a boat

Never experienced that nautical feel!! :giggle:;)