About to order 1.2Petrol Automatic Elegance

Wiganyeti

1.2 with the Auto?.. MY wife could'nt live with it so we upgraded to the Diesel 2.0 DSG. ( mind you, her previous drive was a F2 Auto) The 1.2 with DSG is a great fun sporty drive.. BUT.. pulling out from a side street into busy traffic was a hit and miss affair. Especially on wet days. She's a good driver but justj could'nt consistently get it right so it was either at grand prix start or bogged down... even taking off on hills. There's a very narrow band of getting it just right with the DSG and a small petrol motor. If you're not into the cut and thrust of city driving the 1.2 DSG is probably fine.. and once off the mark its great. So be sure to drive a petrol DSG first and take special notice of takeoff... And yes, I loved the 1.2 with the manual box..

We have a :devil: RED Yeti 2.0 tdi 110bhp fwd SE , the car looks great in RED when washed , it most certainly stands out in a crowd , as for value , well , when 2nd hand there is no difference between solid and metallic

Thanks again for your comments ,the life shine is looking less and less like something I will pay the dealer to do, the only reason for going with the non metallic paint is not wanting to inflate the price any more, can not make my mind up which of the Red, White and Blue I prefer

By a country mile the Yeti looks best in white when choosing between those colours. I've harped on before about how dangerous the colour red is for a car but I don't want to upset people with red cars! :angel: But just look at the colour spectrum and the frequency of the colour red. When moving it means that colour blurrs into the background - ALL the cars I've nearly driven in front of in my life (in which I have never had a single accident) were red... Standing still they look amazing with the black contrast of the trim, I agree, but I will never have a red car. As to the dark solid blues: terrible struggle to keep clean and when scratched they scratch white, since that is the colour of the base coat.

O MY GOD , let us hope you never come across a fire engine on a 999 call

Hence why American fire engines are yellow. Science lesson 101.

On my recent trip to Las Vagas and New York i saw many Red fire engines , there is no scientific evidence to show that Red vehicles are more dangerous than any other colour , in fact there is science evidence that shows that light greys blend into the background early morning / late evening , to say RED blends into the background is utter nonsense , "specsavers comes to mind" Back to the OP point , if he wishes to buy a Red , White or a Blue Yeti , i wish him well ( all colours scratch )

On my recent trip to Las Vagas and New York i saw many Red fire engines , there is no scientific evidence to show that Red vehicles are more dangerous than any other colour , in fact there is science evidence that shows that light greys blend into the background early morning / late evening , to say RED blends into the background is utter nonsense , "specsavers comes to mind"

No need to get personal about my eyesight thank you very much.

As I said IN MY LIFETIME to MY eyes I've only ever nearly had accidents with red cars. I would personally never buy one. The internet has, as ever, "facts" that can point either way as to what is the safest colour for a car. But let's just say there is a reason why EU Ambulances are yellow and basic science first grade in lower school will tell you what the frequency of red is on the colour chart. Anyone can make their own mind up about that.

( all colours scratch )

Furthermore I never said ONLY dark colours scratch (maybe you need to visit Specsavers yourself?). I implied all colours have the same white(ish) BASE coat, so scratches show up much clearer on darker coloured cars than on lighter cars where the contrast between the base coat and top coat is not so distinct.

As to the OP: my next Yeti (if I was to get a facelift one) will be white I think. With black trim and Matterhorn wheels they look fantastic.

Sorry but , Fire Engines in the EU ( France ) are RED and the Ambulances are mainly White and are run by taxi companys ( just had 6 years working in France ) I am not colour blind

Sorry but , Fire Engines in the EU ( France ) are RED and the Ambulances are mainly White and are run by taxi companys ( just had 6 years working in France ) I am not colour blind

:wall:

Selectively decide what you want to read in what I say about MY view on colour. I did not say it is gospel.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2002/mar/07/health.europeanunion

So based on the visibility of colour they had in mind to make all ambulances in the EU yellow. It didn't happen. Fine. The UK now has yellow ambulances and not all of the EU. Still doesn't change my point. Or that this colour thing is just my view (or that of half the Internet and not the other).

But button pressed a third time in three weeks. What on earth is going on on this forum?!

Just to be pedantic - Ambulances in France (which are White, and run by taxi companies) are not emergency service vehicles, they are used to ferry people to and from hospital appointments - not really comparing like for like.

• Like 2

12 Speaker sound system.

THanks to all for your assistance in helping me select my new car , I have just placed my order for the 1.2TSI 105SPS DSG Yeti Elegance in Candy white.

I was informed that the 12 Speaker sound system is no longer an available option I have asked them to check and they are waiting for SUK to ring them back so at present I have ordered the car with out this option, I would prefer to have the option. Is anybody else aware that this option has been discontinued

I would appreciate your comments

Stuff gets

12 Speaker sound system.

THanks to all for your assistance in helping me select my new car , I have just placed my order for the 1.2TSI 105SPS DSG Yeti Elegance in Candy white.

I was informed that the 12 Speaker sound system is no longer an available option I have asked them to check and they are waiting for SUK to ring them back so at present I have ordered the car with out this option, I would prefer to have the option. Is anybody else aware that this option has been discontinued

They sometimes discontinue certain items as the model year changes as they are getting ready to fit other upgraded items. But as MarieK's MY14 thread this is not one of the things mentioned in there. So a peculiar thing to not have. Unless there is supplier issues. I waited 7 months for my car due to supplier issues with the sunroof (at the time). After the tsunami in Japan there were also issues with blue paint pigment and certain bits of sat nav electronics.

So in answer: it could be one of many reasons why it's been discontinued or not available right now. Good luck. Hope you manage to get it.

12 Speaker sound system.

Thats news to me but.... and quite an assumption coming up here... but I wonder if that means the Yeti will be switching over to the Canton audio upgrade of the new octy 3?!

I have just rang SUK Customer services 08457 745 745( Found number on different topic on this site ) Donna was extremely helpful she was not aware of the sound system being discontinued, she said she would ring the dealer to see if she could assist, she rang me back a few minutes later to say the sales rep was busy with a customer as soon as she had spoken to him she would ring me back to let me know how she had gone on. Very impressed with service so far.

I've not been told that the 12 speaker system is no longer an option.....yet :wonder:

But you don't have 12 ears.... I'll get my coat... Sorry couldn't resist..

12 Speaker Update:

I have had a phone call from Donna at SUK to say they had sorted the problem and that the dealer was now able to order this option on my new car. Callum from Alex Lawrie Liverpool has just sent me an e-mail to say they could now complete the order on my car. I am impressed with both SUK and Alex Lawrie in resolving this issue.