Such a silly price

Mines due at end of month so we will see what flux comes up with this year,

A vrs at 18 must have been alot of hard work to save up for altho insuring a new car seems to be easier than insuring a older car as i'm guessing you will be expected to look after it better,

• 2 weeks later...

£13,000...... as in Thirteen Thousand Earth Pounds?

They obviously dont need you're business if they quote you that high and make out "it isn't that much really".

Jokers.

£1500 isn't a bad quote to be honest, considering your NCB.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately with car insurance there is no substitute for age/experience.  My 2012 Octavia vRS costs me £140/year to insure with a £100 excess.  However, I am over 45 years older than you and have a over 15 years no-claim record.  Unfortunately you have chosen a car that almost certainly has a high accident rate with young drivers. if you had chosen a second-hand 2.4 litre Volvo of similar purchase price I suspect that your insurance would have been considerably lower.

When I started driving in late 1960's insurance costs (compared to my then wage) were certainly nowhere near as expensive as now for young drivers,  What has changed?  Are young drivers now really having more accidents than in the late 1960's?  Judging by the number of accidents many of my friends had in their late teens and early twenties there seems to be little difference.