HELP ME PLEASE. SO CLOSE TO..........

Hi folks I need help on installing my factory bluetooth upgrade. The Car is a 2011 octavia VRS diesel with a bolero and dsg. I have installed the microphone, bluetooth ecu, wiring loom from carsystems PL. My bluetooth module NO. is 5N0035730D. All's connected apart from the GSM aerial? Have a look at the photo and see what you think folks.

I have the twin aerial socket on the radio and the twin aerial plug from manufacture. Where does this GSM areial plug into? I'm thinking that my bluetooth module is to old for the bolero head unit interface? Anybody with any help i would be grateful.

Cheers

post-91359-0-38771800-1367614859_thumb.jpg

If the gsm antenna connects anywhere it will be to the bluetooth box.

Presumably you have the premium unit that supports rsap, else you wouldnt need a gsm antenna

Edited by sdenny

Not a clue, I purley went of the bluetooth ecu model number and what carsystems .pl had referenced. What's the difference between the premium and standard?

Having a look at the 5n0035730D there is no socket for the maroon coloured plug " the aerial I'm assuming" So does this mean that

A) Did audio systems supply the wrong lead package as the module number I have was stated in the advert for this loom.

B) Does the bluetooth module 5n0035730D have an internal aerial for bluetooth?

C) Other than the wiring harness (which included the microphone) and the bluetooth module 5n0035730D do I need any other hardware to make this work with my multifunction steering wheel, my bolero and white dot MFD????

I have a mate that has VAGCOM and I've found the coding off my-gti so other than that will this work with my iphone 4s?

Cheers for your time guys

so googling your part number lead me to this page: http://www.carsystems.pl/vw-bluetooth-module-5n0035730d-upgrade,id215.html

the picture on that shows a maroon socket - does yours not have that?

I think all the units have built in BT antennas these days - however that aerial you need to plug in is a GSM (ie mobile phone) antenna, not a BT one.

The whole point of the "premium" kit, is that it includes a "phone" itself (hence the aerial) and is capable of "borrowing" the sim from the phone (rsap mode) in order to allow you to make and receive calls via the BT unit (rather than it just acting like a BT "headset" which is what the non-premium kit does). This should give better reception in the car (since the aerial is mounted higher that the phone would typically be) and should prevetnt the phone's battery being used (much) as the calls are made from the BT unit, not the phone

oh, and not sure if the iphone supports rsap, but the premium kit includes the standard and can just be a "headset", so you should be able to use that for the phone if nothing else.

the BT unit and harness all you need to integrate with maxidot and bolero - and probably the wheel too (but i don't have that.... well obviously i have a steering wheel, but not one with buttons)

Ok all the hardware is connected up, it works instantly on the bolero loaded up address book can make and receive calls but the microphone does not work??? Now is this just because I haven't coded it yet or is this a problem that will rear it's head when the coding is done?

Ok all the hardware is connected up, it works instantly on the bolero loaded up address book can make and receive calls but the microphone does not work??? Now is this just because I haven't coded it yet or is this a problem that will rear it's head when the coding is done?

Mic should work without coding.

I think from the initial post you have 2 small white connectors on the loom? If so try swapping them over - i forget the exact reason, but it's something along the lines of the voice control of the Columbus uses the same mic daisy chained from columbus to BT but if you swap the connector then the mic is connected directly to the BT

Dam it. You were right with the wires needing swapping as they originally went to the two missing pins on the headunit. I've remade the connection to the correct pins via the loom block. The PIN numbers were 7 & 1 labelled as mic in +ve and mic in -ve tried the wires both ways round to make sure. So either the wire has a break, the connection by the mic up in the head lining is loose or the mic is broke or worst of the worst the head unit has a malfunction????? Arrrgggghhhh! Back to tearing it down again :-(

I'm not sure i understand quite what you've done when you say you've "remade the connection to the correct pins via the loom block".

If you look at the picture on http://www.carsystems.pl/bluetooth-wiring-plug-play-sds-1-5m,id161.html, you can see that the lead to the mic has a white connector just before it enters the loom that goes to the BT unit.

There are also another couple of white connectors that go to the head unit. I think you need your connections to be as per that picture, so the mic goes direct to the BT unit, not the head unit. The bolero doesn't do voice control, so there's no point connecting the mic to it

In the case of the columbus head unit, that does do voice control, and for that you'd need the mic connected to the head unit, then the mic out from the head connected to the BT, which you can do by swapping arround the white connectors - the white connectors on the block that goes to head unit.

See also this thread: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/236615-bluetooth-retrofit-plug-n-play-wiring-loom-question/#entry2778196. I think you need the configuration detailed in option 1)

Hope that helps, and appologies if i've mis understood and thats how you have it already

Steve