Fitting Audi A6 seats in Octavia

I have purchased a pair of seats from an Audi A6 2007 which I intend to install into my Octavia VRS FL 2010. The Audi seats have 4 different coloured block connectors on the underside of the seat, can anyone help me identify what the function of each block is? I'm planning to remove my seats tomorrow to see if these are compatible but any advice on this would be great.

Thanks

Brian

post-7388-0-53585900-1367961745_thumb.jpg

Should do. The Recaros that came in a limited number of A6s are regularly shoved in Golfs.

I'd hazard a guess at something along the lines of airbag, heater, electric adjustment and sensor to tell if someone is sat in the seat or not. Maybe...

Probably best off asking on an Audi forum. Or google it (first hit - not read it but shows the same 4 connectors): http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=1726339

Wiring looks to be a different setup to the Octy. You won't see places to plug each of those in, when you take the Octy seat out!

Have you got a pic of the Audi seats you've bought? At a guess, I would say side airbag (inc occupancy sensor and belt warning), electronic lumbar control and possibly seat heating.

I'd say you'd be looking at needing a schematic for the Audi seat, then chop off the connectors and wire up Octy connectors to the bottom of the Audi seat.

With the Octy, in standard non-heated form, you have a plug for the side airbag which includes the occupancy sensor in that. The seat belt warning may be built into that too. I have some photos from when I put Mk6 front seats in mine, but I was facing a different challenge there. The Audi challenge looks a bit more complex I'm afraid, chiefly because they're from a different VAG platform.

Thanks for the replies, the seats I've bought are heated, have an airbag, have a light which illuminates the footwell and I'd imagine a seatbelt sensor, I know I won't easily get the heated element or light to work but if I can sort the airbag and seatbelt sensor I'll be happy. I haven't removed the octavia seats as it appears to be a spline type head and I don't have any spline bits. I've spoken to shark performance and they reckon the can swap the seats and change the wiring to unit in a couple of hours which seems pretty good.

Wardy,

Do you have any photos of the wiring block connectors under your seats? Be usefull to see to help figure out what needs to be done

Thanks

Brian

Yes, will be 4x M12 spline bolts holding them in.

I'll post some pics up in this thread for you, of the connector.

Skoda will tell you the bolts need to be changed as they're one use only, but I've not had any issues with putting the old ones back in.

• Like 1

Absolutely, couldn't agree more - certainly not a good thing to go testing with!

With mine, as soon as I knew it would require some wiring investigation and an airbag was involved, I got a pro to do it :thumbup:

Yes, will be 4x M12 spline bolts holding them in.

I'll post some pics up in this thread for you, of the connector.

Any luck with the photos? I'm booked in at Shark tomorrow afternoon but it would be helpful to see what the connectors look like

This is what the connectors looked like for my original seats. Note that yours may look different as it's a later vehicle:

current-underfloor-connectors.jpg

The later seats (MY09) I put in used different colours:

connectors.jpg

Ignore the broken plastic casing; collateral damage! I would expect your seats to have the same connectors and wiring colours as the Mk6, as my second photo shows.

Thanks for the photos, helped me sort this. Went to shark today and they sorted the job for me, 90 mins in total so pretty happy with that. New seats are great, a bit flatter profile than the originals and I'm now sitting about 2" lower which suits me as I'm tall. Going to see if I can get the rears retrimmed utilising the A6 leather so they match the fronts

Cheers

Brian

So have you got electric memory & heated seat, with both the airbag & seatbelt sensors working now then?

Seats are not electric memory and I wasn't fussed about the heated element so no to that, I'm sure it would be possible though. The airbag and seatbelt sensors are connected up, I'm already finding them a lot more comfortable, the original seats always seemed too small and I had to lift them right up to get anything like comfy. I think they look great, will post photos tomorrow.

Did they just slot straight in without any adjustment? I'm looking at changing my cloth efforts for some luxury leather ones!

They had 2 locating lugs, the octavia seats only had 1 so the extra lug had to be ground off, apart from that they bolted straight in.

Nice job, they look great and I remember driving my mate's A6 and thinking the seats felt like sofas, they were ridiculously comfortable.

Can I ask how much they cost to buy and how much it cost you to get them fully fitted & working, cos it's definitely tempting? Not too worried about losing the electric memory bit (be handy to have them move electrically like mine though) but getting the heater element working would be sweet...

I wasn't fussed about the heated element.
... does this mean they WERE heated but you just didn't hook it up or that they don't have the element in them at all so wasn't an option even if you wanted it? Edited by blackspaven

Thanks, I'm really pleased with them, if I can use the leather to get the rears retrimmed to match I'll do that next. To answer your other points

The Audi seats are from a 2007 A6.

They are manually adjustable - no powered adjustment - same as my Octavia seats were so an easy swap.

They do have a heating element but I haven't connected it, there is another thread on this forum describing how this is possible though.

I paid £550 for the front and rear seats without door cards, bought from motors in motion breakers in Worksop.

Shark Performance fitted them for me - £108 inc VAT.

If you have motorised seats at the moment and want to keep that feature with new seats I'm sure it's possible, I found both of the companies I used happy to help and advise. Shark in particular were great.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Brian

Cheers for the info. Looking at some on ebay last night, the controls for the electric seats I saw look almost identical (quite understandably), so I'd imagine it wouldn't be difficult: even if they weren't the same, I'd be guessing it's just power to motors in the seat, nothing specific. Be interesting to see just how compatable the heating wiring is though.

I'd just want the fronts but most people are selling them as full sets, making them more expensive. So what are you gonna do with your rear audi seats cos I'm presuming they're pretty much useless? Did you just take a hit on them cos you wanted the fronts so much?

Had a look but can't find a thread on swapping heated seats. :(

Edited by blackspaven

I'm going to see classic car services in leicester with a view to stripping off the audi rear seats and using the leather to re trim my octavia rears, they're a good outfit, used them in the past.

As for price, I was considering buying recaro cross speeds new, for the 2 fronts and fitting rails, wiring etc i was quoted £1800 so the A6 interior is a much cheaper option.

Admittedly my seats are L&K spec, so not as hugging as a vrs, but in your opinion are the seats much different in width and/or comfort? As I said, my mates velour type seats were really comfy, but the leather ones I've seen whilst surfing the net don't look much different in size from what I've got...

2131a8g.jpg

...kind of makes it a bit pointless IF they're almost similar dimensions. :wonder: