How To Dismantle your Seat

Eddie-NL

Great guide: thank you. I used this to replace my collapsed foam seat base.

Only problems I had were:

removing the height adjuster lever: needed a strong press on the metal tab with a flat head screwdriver and a good pull over the plastic lever cover.

and separating the cover clips from the seat base: what a pain of a job: took a good couple of hours, may have been easier with better long-nose pliers, but I eneded up gripping the clips with a pair of long-nose mole grips and forcing a flat edge screwdriver between the two sides of the clip to prise it apart. This made taking the clip off the metal bars in the seat base much easier.

Putting it all back together was a piece of cake.

One other tip I read elsewhere was to disconnect the battery before unclipping the connections for the airbags and seat belt warning bleep underneath the seat. Apparently stops the airbag warning light staying on after reconnecting everything: worked for me.

yes, the clips are a PITA but the long nose pliers i had made that job easier (well worth the £15 for the 3x pliers)

Cable ties would be ok too

Oddly enough I was doing RickST170s Blackline seats today, will be wiring them up tomorrow

The layout of the clips is different on a Leather Cover / Foam to my Vrs Cloth

Got my time down to 2 hours a seat. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A note about the clips holding on the covers - I did my Fabia seats and found that spring loaded circlip pliers were bloody ace at this,

PL65.jpg

Just stick the end in and squeeze.

Thanks for the guide, this is going onto my wish list.

How much were the pads you got ?

• 1 month later...

I've just been trying to remove the covers from my seats. Started on the passenger one so if it does not get done I can still drive the car. I can't seem to get the lower (larger) adjuster knob off. I've pulled it with quite some force but it won't come off (The upper one came off fine)

Is there a knack to it?

Cheers - lots of wiggling its now all sorted. Should be able to manage this fine just going to take a while Why can't the twins just occupy them selves for the day lol

Got this all sorted now - Both seats all installed and managed to semi-botch together some power to them as well so had a nice warm arse on the way to work