Wide wheels and tyres & handling

Yes! Might look good but they will be a recipe for crap handling. If you have wide tyres you need a big car with big weight or a lot of down force like a F1 car to push them into the ground.

OH :( lol

The car completly lost controll the other week in the damp weather even when i was driving really slowwww

I went to an empty car park last night to actually try to get the back end to go out like it has been doing but it didnt go out dead easy

DOES TRACTION CONTROL DO STUFF TO THE REAR WHEELS AS WELL AS THE FRONT?

Yes they will.

I have a gripe with people putting really wide tyres on the rears on a FWD car.

The effect that happens is the rear can and will out push the front end increasing understeer and also making the rear skittish due to the massive contact patch and the sheer lack of weight to push it down.

I'd go with 7" to 8" wide and you'll have much better handling.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Yes. This isn't rocket science (I know; I am a rocket scientist). You increase rear grip without changing geometry, and instantly get more understeer because the front end runs out of grip first even with same size all round. It's also long established that wider tyres (same make and model, tread depth) aquaplane earlier in wet conditions.

The effect of the battery will have minimal to no effect.

You'd have to add near 50kg + ballast

Though no matter what you do you either slow the car down with more weight to gain traction, or don't run it to hard into corners

I'd have a set for shows, and use another set for track time.

Shows being: 8 front and 9 rear mabye

Track: 7/8" front and rear with stickies on the front and intermediate tyres on the rears.

So if i get all my geomatry done and all that pelava, could i get it driving better?

It'll make it better but it won't change much.

So if i get all my geomatry done and all that pelava, could i get it driving better?

You need a level of adjustability that the Furbie just doesn't have, and by the time you've built all that in you'd be cheaper and easier to have driving wheels and show wheels.

OH :( lol

The car completly lost controll the other week in the damp weather

Correction: The car didn't lose control, the driver did.

CRAP! Just need the right setup - I'm running DZ1 wheels 8,5x17" ET30 with Hankook Ventus S1 Evo K107 (215/35-17) and a KW V1 INOX coilover kit.

Never had better handling - low, wide and fast!

Correction: The car didn't lose control, the driver did.

No no, the car did. Me and 3 of ma mates in the car, greasy day, was taking every corner dead slow, no weight transfer into the corner, braking was perfect up to the corner. I have never ever had a spin out that happened so slow like that. My mate was baffled, complimented on how perfect and carefully the corner got taken. All of us was in shock. Wasnt really scary because it was all so slow. We were just in shock to be facing the opposite way lol

CRAP! Just need the right setup - I'm running DZ1 wheels 8,5x17" ET30 with Hankook Ventus S1 Evo K107 (215/35-17) and a KW V1 INOX coilover kit.

Never had better handling - low, wide and fast!

So i just need correct tyres and the right setup? So my car will handle on 9j's?

TYRES ARE STANDERED VRS TYRES, ill have check the actually size

No, they are stretched on obviously. How on earth would i get a 9j on with no stretch lol

:ninja: - We just cross-posted, but I think the stretch may be your issue; when you stretch a tyre this much you take most of the compliance out of the sidewall, which makes the suspension wheel rate much higher. High wheel rates give a tendancy to oversteer in the wet.