opps, I appear to have bought a Favorit Forman pick up

Having very much enjoyed ownership of, and the fettling of, my Felicia Magic (1 owner and 41k from new) for the last couple of months, this has resulted in me scratching a long term car itch.

Tomorrow i'm collecting a Favorit Forman E pick up. 40k miles from new and has lived in a heated garage and was used by the owner for going to the tip with garden waste every week.

I've wanted a 'funky' pick up for at least 20 years, and despite having 3 children my wife thought it was a marvellous idea to buy a red 2 seater which differs from the usual mid life crisis!

Plans are to lower it very slightly (nothing major - just a smidge), and possibly fit a set of G60 steel rims, a comfy steering wheel, and something that plays music! They'll be only changes that can put it back to stock should I wish. My automotive heaven!!

Unfortunately no one seems to make lowering springs or coilovers for the pick up: I've tried Spax, HPSporting and am waiting to hear from H&R, suggestions welcome....

Pics tomorrow when I collect it. Tomorrow at work is really going to drag!

& now we have to decide: Do we sell the Felicia 1999 41k pretty economical, and has real character, or do we keep the 174K(!) miles yr 2000 6N2 1 litre polo which we've owned for about 5 years and have done 135k miles in, but which is stupidly economical but is showing its age and miles.... my wife has no preference which we keep, and she'll be using the one we keep daily - about 250 miles per week...... decisions, decisions.....

Someone bought it just to do a weekly trip to the tip and kept in a garage? That is one spoiled pick up! Look forward to seeing the pictures, sounds like a great find.

As to the second question, if you're asking on this forum you're only going to get one answer.

Yes, it was the red one on ebay.

Collected it tonight. Folder full of history including every tax disc since new. I drove the 45 minutes home with a huge grin on my face. Sadly too dark for photos. It's ace! Although the lack of power steering is making me wonder about fitting G60 steels...

My wife saw it (having only seen the ebay pics), grinned and simply said "that's barking".

We share a work car park with a number of other firms and some very high end flats. It'll look great next to my boss' 2 week old Merc SL350, the 4 Porsches and the 2 Ferraris that park nearby...

pics soon.

• Like 1

If anything better than it looked! Not perfect but remarkable condition. No pics yet sorry. Took my wife for her first drive in it and afterwards she said " hmmm I think we keep the Felicia & sell the polo, so we can have a fleet, well 2, of Skodas. That's my girl!

The folder of docs has the original sales invoice. Every MOT and invoice every tax disc, and an original accessories brochure hmmm centre console for me please.

• Like 1

Was down in Somerset yesterday (in the Felicia), so popped into Dubmeister and got some road legal pressed metal plates. Pics to follow.

I think I might have got to the bottom of my lowered springs dilemma so that can progress.

Noticed a slow puncture this morning and took the opportunity while it was a my local friendly tyre fitters (Wheatley tyres near Oxford) to try te spare of the felica to see if the PCD is 4 x 100 or 4 x 98, as i'd realised it could be he latter.

I'm chuffed to say it's 4 x100 so wheels next. the slow puncture was a perished tyre of it'll be sensible to change all of them.

I was planning on fitting G60 steels but having seen Tom's lovely 1.8T Felica on G60 steels, which looks great, it set me wondering if 14's would look better on the pick up as i don't need big rims to clear brakes, and i'm fter what i suppose you'd call an OEM + look.

So I've found a set of as new 14" VW steelies on ebay. 6J x 14 ET45. Can anyone advise will this offset work ok on the pick up: I forgot to look at the ET figure when the rim was off the car earlier. I'll run 185/55 tyres to keep to the same as std overall size and (hopefully) 35mm dropped suspension. also 185/55 14s will be a little lighter on the steering than 195/45 15s.

Cheers all, off to fit the plates now.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't win the ebay 14" wheels.

I found a very helpful mk1 Caddy owner who let me try one of his G60 steels on the Favorit at the weekend. I was worried that it would look 'over-wheeled' on 15s but it looked spot on! Decision made.

My Momo wheel is winging its way from the states. Boss arrived (from Bulgaria which was a bit of a surprise!)

Just need to make a decision about the suspension now. I'm going to go for a estate kit and hope the rear springs aren't suitble (enough) - just got to decide whether to go for H&R springs or if the budget will stretch to HPSporting coilovers!

• 1 year later...

After time away from car fiddling due to real life I'm back to pondering my options.

Gaz shocks are looking into the possibilities for me.

Now. Wheel's...

The stock steel wheels are 4.5j x 13 et38. Did any favorits or felicias come with 13" steel rims wider than 4.5j.

I'm pondering keeping 13" steels but going to 185/60r13 tyres from the stock 165/70r13 so want wheels up to 6j wide.

Thanks.

Just a thought if you wanted to keep the original wheels, I keep thinking about getting some done but haven't yet.

This one was sold by West Walton Motor Co, Wisbech, iirc - I remember seeing it around Wisbech when I lived there. Lovely pick-up! 

Edited by MagicRob

• 9 months later...

So after nearly three years of ownership, I've reluctantly decided to sell the truck. It never got the light modificatons I'd planned - mainly because it enjoyed it too much as it is! Having three children means having a two seater isn't the most logical family transport... I'll be sad to see it go but it's been great fun....