clutch delay valve

• 7 months later...

Helix setup, new slave cylinder, new master cylinder, new engine mount, polybush dogbone, n the clutch fails to disengage. I've been informed the only thing left to change is the CDV..... Hmmm

Clutch has been bled 3 times lol

Would the leaking pipe be easy to spot? Theres nothing on my driveway

Thanks for the idea, I'll request the garage to check buddy : )

Helix setup, new slave cylinder, new master cylinder, new engine mount, polybush dogbone, n the clutch fails to disengage. I've been informed the only thing left to change is the CDV..... Hmmm

not 100% sure if this is the case on the fabia but it is possible on some clutches .......if the friction plate has been put the wrong way round it will jam against the flywheel and cause the clutch to be constantly engaged??  

on the bmw site ive just been looking on it says a clutch delay vavle is a resistor that causes your clutch to clip a little when changing gear so surely it would hold the clutch in the disengaged position if it got stuck ??

Found it!

Looks a bit of an ass to delete but after a bit of research it seems that others have noticed a difference. What would be the best way to delete it in situ? It looks like fun trying to get that out.

What does it do? If it's broken, just fix it? Or am I missing something? 

Stops you 'shocking' the drive train and slows down clutch engagement. Could be holding air when bleeding too possibly.

People have reported sharper clutch pedal feeling but I'm not so sure, from the description of it's function I can't see that it's necessary unless you're stomping on the clutch pedal? I've got spare brake pipe of the same diameter so I'll see if I can bridge it, seems simple enough and would eliminate another possibility regarding crunchy gears.

So has anyone actually found out what the OP was refering to with the CDV??

I think there has been abit of confusion mixing BMWs with the Fabia maybe?

Iv never heard of anything like this being used on any VAGs.. and im 99.9% sure the fabia doesnt have one..

Theres the clutch pedal.. then master cylinder.. then pipework to the slave cylinder.. then the slave cylinder that goes straight onto the release bearing that pushes the clutch pressure plate to release the friction plate off the flywheel.. nothing else...

• Like 1

Pretty sure the bmw owners remove them as they delay the clutch engaging and cause slight clutch slip if they are abit dodgy.

As above it is to try and stop you from hitting the transmission hard if you let the clutch out fast.

Think its usaully the remapped/modified bmw owners that remove them due to the extra torque/power and the cdv can start the clutch slipping.