How do I delete a number?

I have 2 numbers in my car phone book that are not on my actual phone...strange I know. Anyway, I want to get rid of them. I have read through the manual (more than once) and pushed every available button in every available sequence on the Columbus screen...all to no avail. The fact is, as far as I can tell, there is no `delete number` button anywhere. Can anyone please suggest how I can rid myself of there 2 numbers.

Many thanks.

Mike.

What if you delete it from the phone. I'm sure the car checks the phones phone book for new additions so maybe it removes numbers that are not there any more

I'm afraid the 2 numbers in question are not on my phone. They have somehow arrived in my Columbus phone book...which I'm guessing is a bit freaky! Anyway, I'm just wondering if there is a way of deleting a number from the car as opposed to the phone.

Try to delete your phone completely, then do a new search lock on to your phone then upload phone-book, that is what I did to mine,same stereo as I wanted to b update phone- book

Try to delete your phone completely, then do a new search lock on to your phone then upload phone-book, that is what I did to mine,same stereo as I wanted to b update phone- book

Thank you. No idea how to delete my phone (the dealer set it all up for me when I took delivery) I'll maybe search out the manual again or maybe wait till I next visit my nearest dealer (4hr round trip) and get him to do it.

Regards.

Mike.

Instead of disconnecting your phone completely, in the MFD menu there is an Update option to refresh the address book.

Click Phone and you'll see the options:-

Phone book

Dial number

Call register

Voice mailbox

Bluetooth

Settings

Back

Go into Settings, then Phone book, the Update.

Should add, if the dealer set the phone up - to get to the Phone setting on the MFD...

From the normal MFD display (range, mpg, etc) click the back button and scroll down to Phone, click the right hand scroll wheel.

Instead of disconnecting your phone completely, in the MFD menu there is an Update option to refresh the address book.

Click Phone and you'll see the options:-

Phone book

Dial number

Call register

Voice mailbox

Bluetooth

Settings

Back

Go into Settings, then Phone book, the Update.

Thank you so much, Artichoke. I'll give that a bash in the morning.

Regards.

Mike.

Well, I'm afraid that didn't work. I did everything as you laid out and even though the Columbus screen said that the phone book had been updated from my phone...I still have numbers on the screen that are not on my phone!

Thanks anyway, Artichoke.

Regards.

Mike.

The way I deleted unwanted numbers from my Superb-after like yourself not finding an obvious way was to go back to factory default settings and then re-entering your phone password to connect your phone which will then upload your phonebook to the Columbus, It worked for me.

Thanks all.

I'm off down to Peterborough tomorrow so I'll nip in and get them to do it...sure to work then!

Regards.

Mike.

Well, I'm afraid that didn't work. I did everything as you laid out and even though the Columbus screen said that the phone book had been updated from my phone...I still have numbers on the screen that are not on my phone!

Maybe these numbers are on the SIM, and not in the Phones internal memory, so they may not show up on your phone (depending on the settings), but do show up on the carkit?

Mike, it would depend on the phone, but normally in the address book/contacts on the phone, a click of the menu button will bring up some options relating to memory in use or SIM Phone book, whereby you can select to use the SIM phone book temporarily to delete the numbers and then switch back to the phone's internal address book.

Mike, it would depend on the phone, but normally in the address book/contacts on the phone, a click of the menu button will bring up some options relating to memory in use or SIM Phone book, whereby you can select to use the SIM phone book temporarily to delete the numbers and then switch back to the phone's internal address book.

Thanks, Artichoke. I've managed to get into the phones memory and fiddle about with it, and I've deleted the numbers I no longer need. I have also now got the same numbers on the `SIM` as there is on the `phone`. BUT I still cant get the list on the Columbus to be the same as either of them...even though I've updated the phonebook via Maxidot. Its a bloody nightmare!

Something that works within the Columbus unit is to touch and hold the telephone number until an edit screen pops up which allows you to delete (or edit) the number. Do not release pressure on the screen until the edit function appears or the system will dial the number selected.

Something that works within the Columbus unit is to touch and hold the telephone number until an edit screen pops up which allows you to delete (or edit) the number. Do not release pressure on the screen until the edit function appears or the system will dial the number selected.

Thank you. I'll have a bash at that tomorrow.

Regards.

Mike.