Skoda Octavia 3 Owners register

Love your red vrs, that's got a great stance and look. I think it suits the FL.

Nice job Kental, you're a brave man, if I attempted that here I'd be found frozen to a bucket, looking like Jack Nicholson at the end of The Shining.

* 2 buckets of course 😉

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tolpol62 said:

Love your red vrs, that's got a great stance and look. I think it suits the FL.

Nice job Kental, you're a brave man, if I attempted that here I'd be found frozen to a bucket, looking like Jack Nicholson at the end of The Shining.

* 2 buckets of course 😉

It was 5c here today and it was really necessary even more so as I had Cross Climate tyres fitted yesterday and with 800 miles of road grime & all the beading soap all around the wheels it was looking very sorry for itself. I use Autoglym Polar Blast set so only part of the wash uses a bucket, most is done with the pressure washer.

Edited by Kental
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi!

1,4 TSI 140 Manual 6 ambition 2014!

132000 KM

retrofit : bolero MIB1with Dab and Media in, Oem Towbar, hill assist!

later : Oem rear camera and maybe ACC

live in Sud of 🇫🇷

Nicolas !

BEBA1FEE-4A32-4746-94D5-6F6644A09B95.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just taken delivery of a race blue 1.5tsi SE L. Completely standard and loving it so far! Based in Portsmouth. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Scvrs2 said:

Just taken delivery of a race blue 1.5tsi SE L. Completely standard and loving it so far! Based in Portsmouth. 

Hi !! Very nice! Can you tell me more about 1,5TSI! Because my wife and my want to change with the new octavia FL and I will take the 1,5tsi with DSG7 ! There are somme difference with 1.4 tsi 140?? Thinks! 

Just now, nicoms11 said:

Hi !! Very nice! Can you tell me more about 1,5TSI! Because my wife and my want to change with the new octavia FL and I will take the 1,5tsi with DSG7 ! There are somme difference with 1.4 tsi 140?? Thinks! 

I've not driven the 1.4 so I can't compare, but the 1.5tsi has plenty of motorway overtaking grunt and seems economical so far. As I have less than 100 miles on the clock, I'll have to wait and see what the real world mpg figures are like. The engine seems smooth and torquey, so I'm happy so far. 

1 minute ago, Scvrs2 said:

I've not driven the 1.4 so I can't compare, but the 1.5tsi has plenty of motorway overtaking grunt and seems economical so far. As I have less than 100 miles on the clock, I'll have to wait and see what the real world mpg figures are like. The engine seems smooth and torquey, so I'm happy so far. 

Ok! It seems to be the same but better than 1.4! Enjoy and have a good day!!

9 minutes ago, nicoms11 said:

Ok! It seems to be the same but better than 1.4! Enjoy and have a good day!!

In 2016 I bought a Superb with the 150PS ACT 1.4TSi engine and it averaged 50mpg in the 16,000 miles I owned it (best tank 800 miles). Lovely engine and can compare to 1.5TSi ACT ENGINE (ALSO 150ps) NOW IN OUR kAROQ SEL which we have owned for almost 2 years now and 22,800 miles. It has averaged 45mpg and does about 500 miles per tank (only 50 litres/Superb 66 litre) however some have experienced a less than smooth pull away in 1st gear when the engine was cold which has now been fixed for us with a software update a few months ago but it is still not as smooth and refined as the previous 1.4TSi engine and there are many on here that think the older engine is the better choice of the two. Just my thoughts have owned/driven both.:thinking:

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

In 2016 I bought a Superb with the 150PS ACT 1.4TSi engine and it averaged 50mpg in the 16,000 miles I owned it (best tank 800 miles). Lovely engine and can compare to 1.5TSi ACT ENGINE (ALSO 150ps) NOW IN OUR kAROQ SEL which we have owned for almost 2 years now and 22,800 miles. It has averaged 45mpg and does about 500 miles per tank (only 50 litres/Superb 66 litre) however some have experienced a less than smooth pull away in 1st gear when the engine was cold which has now been fixed for us with a software update a few months ago but it is still not as smooth and refined as the previous 1.4TSi engine and there are many on here that think the older engine is the better choice of the two. Just my thoughts have owned/driven both.:thinking:

Is your 1.5 a manual? I have heard the DSG has less cold start issues.

16 minutes ago, Kental said:

I am guessing from your username you have a wet 7 speed DSG on your current car.

Yes it's the DQ381 shared with the Golf R same big IS38 turbo as the Golf and it has the Audi S3/Golf R big brakes too, awesome bit of kit it all works really well together.:thumbup:

4 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Yes it's the DQ381 shared with the Golf R same big IS38 turbo as the Golf and it has the Audi S3/Golf R big brakes too, awesome bit of kit it all works really well together.:thumbup:

Bit different to my 1.0 manual, very envious 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice looking car. I really wanted the diesel but ended up going for the petrol 1.5 TSi due to the dieselgate issues.

If I was to do it again, I'd seriously consider the diesel rather than the petrol.

1 minute ago, BBDom said:

Nice looking car. I really wanted the diesel but ended up going for the petrol 1.5 TSi due to the dieselgate issues.

If I was to do it again, I'd seriously consider the diesel rather than the petrol.

Thanks!
Yes I could have happily had another petrol but the 2.0 TSi in the L&K would have drunk more fuel than my old 1.4 I suspect, and I do a fair bit of motorway so it seemed to make sense.

Particularly loving the Canton audio system which sounds better than an uprated Burmester system in a Merc E Class I tried. And the L&K even still has a CD player! Must be the only (almost) new car to have one.

And I love Adaptive Cruise, Apple Carplay and the big Columbus touchscreen.

42 minutes ago, gonzolagonda said:

Just yesterday traded in my 63 plate 1.4 TSi Elegance for a brand new pre-registered (on 31/12/19) L&K diesel which was the dealer's showroom model.

80455107_2595081057272077_4024523697975984128_o.jpg

Lovely car. Had mine 2 weeks now and its running in nicely after 500 miles. Couple of minor niggles with how things work, but overall I'm happy. 

5 minutes ago, gonzolagonda said:

Thanks!
Yes I could have happily had another petrol but the 2.0 TSi in the L&K would have drunk more fuel than my old 1.4 I suspect, and I do a fair bit of motorway so it seemed to make sense.

Particularly loving the Canton audio system which sounds better than an uprated Burmester system in a Merc E Class I tried. And the L&K even still has a CD player! Must be the only (almost) new car to have one.

And I love Adaptive Cruise, Apple Carplay and the big Columbus touchscreen.

Superb 272 still has the CD slot in the glovebox perhaps it's linked to cars that have the 9.2" info screen?

Just now, Scvrs2 said:

Lovely car. Had mine 2 weeks now and its running in nicely after 500 miles. Couple of minor niggles with how things work, but overall I'm happy. 

Yes I was slightly disappointed the Skoda Connect app doesn't work with it for remote locking etc., and it also has the issue where it forgets the driving mode every time you re-start unlike my old one which was generally left in Eco. 

Just now, gonzolagonda said:

Yes I was slightly disappointed the Skoda Connect app doesn't work with it for remote locking etc., and it also has the issue where it forgets the driving mode every time you re-start unlike my old one which was generally left in Eco. 

Yep, same problems as mine! Annoying isn't it? 

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Superb 272 still has the CD slot in the glovebox perhaps it's linked to cars that have the 9.2" info screen?

Oh, could be. Funny it also has two SD slots but the satnav data is built in so no SD card needed. With those and a 10GB built in jukebox I'm not going to run out of stuff to listen to!

• Like 1