HI I HAVE A 2005 FABIA VRS RUNNING ROUND 220BHP

HI I REALLY WANT TO CONVERT THIS TO 4WD I WORK IN A M.O.T CENTRE OWNED BY MY BROTHER SO TOOLS WELDING ECT AINT A PROBLEM CAN ANY1 GIVE ME A LIST OF WHATS REQUIRED? CHEER

post-103193-0-59014900-1369076443_thumb.jpg

In all seriousness, try looking at other cars you can simply just fit the running gear to your car with minimal floorplan work

for instance have a look at Specky's Corsa C running an impreza running gear

• Like 1

220bhp is a serious power increase on standard. What sort of things have you fitted and done to achieve that and to beef up handling and braking?

I think Boss Fox was looking at making his Furby 4x4 before he started the CitiGo-Go project.......

http://www.briskoda....o-with-more-go/

So, the first things you'll need are:

Audi TT Quatro (1.8, 4x4)

Jabbasport

Then you'll need:

Some money

No, more than that

More than that too

Lots more than that

A lot of time

Some patience

Probably some more money

:rofl:

You forgot the lack of any form of rational sense.

To the OP, you can buy the parts required from the Czech Republic from a Cup/Autocross car parts supplier. Will cost around £4000-£6000. Plus you need to modify the shell to accept it all.

Or you can just buy an old Autocross Car which will give you what you need, but you'll have fabricate a fair bit still and move everything over. But they don't come up for sale very often and are left hand drive. This was my plan and I even got it to the UK before I went off on the Citigo idea and so sold the 4x4 Fabia a month ago to an Autocross racer from Austria.

Alternatively you just buy a VAG 4x4/quattro based car and do a lot of fabrication.

You need to modify the Fabia quite a bit as they are not designed to have drive to the rear of the shell. When I say a fair bit, I mean a lot.

You need to mount the rear frame for the diff, get the propshaft through the car and sort the rear suspension.

Not to mention move everything that's in the way where you'll run the propshaft, like the fuel tank etc...

Oh, and brace it enough so it doesn't buckle when you hoon it off the line.

If you are sensible (unlike me) you'll buy something with 4x4 to start with. :D

It's going to take a fair bit of money, time and fabrication skill. Plus will still be a 1.9 diesel limited to 250-270bhp unless you spend a fair amount on the engine too. It'll also be quite heavy with the 4x4 and diesel engine.

A stock Fabia VRS mk1 is around 1300kg, you'll probably add around 100-150kg, meaning in a straight line with grip you'll actually make it slower.

Hope that helps.

• Like 3

start with an already 4x4 engine mate.. it will cost less than half to give a car with 4x4, the power.. than give a car with power, the 4x4.

BossFox is the Boss of us foxes so feel free to take his advice as he is the only (I think) person that has attempted it.

in seriousness though, it's not totally beyond the realms of possibility to take on a project like this, you'd have to find a decent donor car like a Subaru forester or maybe a cossie, and then just do a body swap, it would cost all of £5k to do... Forget the idea of converting a fabia to floor pan to 4x4 though, it would be a pointless waste of money and effort.

Cpuld you not butcher a golf mk4 4motion chassis to fit the fabia? No idea how gearboxs and such would link up though

Or as boss fox was planning, use a rallycross fabia is a donor and make a frankinstein monster

Either way its gonna take you alot of skills and work todo it or alot of money to pay someone else todo it

I really hope you do this as it would be a cool project to follow

Although i still dont like corsas

Or as boss fox was planning, use a rallycross fabia is a donor and make a frankinstein monster

Either way its gonna take you alot of skills and work todo it or alot of money to pay someone else todo it

I really hope you do this as it would be a cool project to follow

Blue Engineering in the Czech Republic actually sell all the bits for Autocross/Cup cars.

So you can buy the rear diff cage, suspension etc...

It's flippin expensive though.

Worth a browse of the net as there are some 4x4 Fabias already in existance in Europe.

This was what put me off the idea ultimately.

It's a lot of hassle/money to make something that's already been done and has a heavy shell.

Hence the Citigo... which will be about 300kg or so lighter than the Fabia would have been. It's a big difference.

If you were to go the Fabia 4x4 route (which I advise against) you need to ditch the VRS diesel engine too.

It can't make enough power unless you like smog and it'll still be too nose heavy. If you are that nuts you need a nice/lighter petrol engine in there for car balance.

• Like 1

So, to redeem myslef and to stay on the topic here it comes.

Nothing original here and others already said that. But perhaps rephrasing it could help.

I would not do it with Fabia of any type. Much more satisfaction at waaay less money can be had by ugprading and tuning the living daylights out of 4motion Golf. OP obviously enjoys massive power at any cost and likes oil chuggers. It is entirely possible and has been done to tune 1.9 tdi vag lump to circa 500bhp. On 4motion golf platform it'd make a great machine.

As has already been said there was nothing in the VAG range that used the Fabia floor plan and had 4 wheel drive, meaning there is nothing you can port directly over for an easy job.

However there is plenty of 4WD VAG models out there which, someone with the ability to get 450bhp out of a corsa VXR, should be able to "make fit" especially as spending large amounts of cash doesn't seem to be a problem.

Plunder a golf 4 motion? A mk1 A3 Quattro? An S3? A TT? R32?

Have whatever you need "amended" and make it fit.

Its not a small job though as I know a member had to have custom engine mounts and driveshafts made just to get a 1.8T engine to fit.

With regards to the rest of the thread, I'm afraid if you post like a mongoloid people will treat you like one.

• Like 1

If you are looking for a step by step guide then you are out of luck. I'm fairly confident in saying that no one on here has themselves built a 4x4 Fabia. There are a few about and anything is possible given enough time and money (skill is a bonus).

As said I think the best way to attack it would be to buy the 4WD driveline from an A4 chassis car like the MK1 A3. At least the front end will line up. Custom rear frame and mounts and boot floor, fuel tank, propshaft and driveshaft and your starting to get there. Rear suspension will need to be fabricated with new turrets put it etc as the standard 4x4 rear axle would take a lot of work to get in and isn't that great anyhow.

• Like 1