My new old dog...(not an octavia)

You replaced an Octavia with a 30 year old Sierra..? Each to their own I suppose. Don't get me wrong, clean example but never been keen on Ford's.

Cheaper insurance because it will probably spend more time on axle stands than on the road..?

Edited by sammyhale30

A friend of mine had one of those......

It spent less than a day on axle stands ,whilst being reduced to spare parts by the nice people who stole it the previous night.

Nice! Think I have a pair of headlights and maybe indicators in the shed if you ever need them m8.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I've always been a fan of the sapphire cosworth. If you want something that much you'll go out and get it.

I haven't got rid of the Octavia, Its currently sat next to the saph.

Cheers for the positive comments guys!!

I've always been a fan of the sapphire cosworth. If you want something that much you'll go out and get it.

pics of the 2 side by side needed!! :thumbup:

My old man had one as a kid, wonderful motor. Used to make me grin ear to ear when it got some right foot .

Looks a really tidy motor matey

I love it dude!

Sounds awesome too!!!

It's a proper ford, not like that tat they make nowdays that looks like its driven through halfords and bits have stuck on.

Would be interesting to hear your comments regarding how it drives overall compared to the octy, ok its not really a fair comparison, but still:>

Thanks for all the positive comments guys!!!

Its completely different to drive to the vRS.

The vRS has low down instant turbo spool and is more responsive however when the cossie comes on boost....The cossie's like a time warp but EVERYONE stops and stares, thumbs up etc. Rather appreciated on the roads.

I'll be keeping it standard for now. Wouldn't mind stage 3 power. Just want to make sure she's running good before i throw money into the engine.

Yeah know where your coming from.

Mate of mine has a mk2 focus RS. Wasn't really impressed at all with it. Sure it was quick but it was just too refined.

That turbo looks abit agressive

Nice car you have there. I saw three like yours yesterday on the A64, they must have been to the coast for a run out. One thing I noticed was how small they looked compared to all the modern cars around them. I'm used to that in the 106, but there was an Insignia behind the maroon Cossie and it looked absolutely massive in comparison.

Nice car, but I would be seriously concerned about security. Since the car has no immobiliser as standard they are dead easy to steal without the keys. From another forum I am a member of, one has gone missing very recently. They used to be the most stolen car in the UK, and at one point had become almost impossible to insure.

That turbo looks abit agressive

The YBB can handle about 450ft/lbs of torque without internal mods, iirc

It is still one the top choice 4pot engines for tuning projects

The GTX28 series are medium turbo's designed for smaller hp requirements, low boost threshold & fast spool

Easily out-boost Garrett T3's

Perfect for a YBB ;)

The car has a full CAT 1 security alarm fitted along with an immobilizer and is securely garaged at all times. Even has a tracker fitted so i'm not too fussed.

Insurance is £541 at the age of 24 :)

Edited by Liam-6

Was this the one on ebay?

How much did you get it for?

That chattering too also - has it got a dump valve fitted? It could damage the turbo as in effect the turbo blades are stalling as you come off the power.

Edited by Liverpool-Lad