New Octavia Elegance DSG estate

The new Octavia estate is at the top of my list to replace my current Volvo V70. I will probably get one on a personal contract hire package as the price is very competitive and it beats any personal finance package over 2 years. I have the figures from Simpsons Preston and am just waiting for the opportunity to view and drive the Octavia and directly compare with the V70. The stats indicate that the Skoda is, not unsurprisingly, slightly smaller, but as long as my dogs can fit comfortably in the back it should be fine.

I am inclined to go for the 2.0 TDI in elegance DSG trim and in steel grey, No other options.

Has anyone driven the octy estate yet? I quite fancy the 1.6 diesel but the 2.0 is cheaper on contract hire.

2.0 Tdi best of both worlds I think power and not too much mpg pain

The 1.6 is quieter but then you need to wrk it more so then it's noisier when you do this !

Also if loaded up with "stuff" or family 2.0 has reserves to make progress smoother

Edited by Chunkstar
  • Like 1

If the 1.6 TDI DSG was cheaper than the 2.0 TDI, I would go for that engine, but strangely, the bigger diesel engine is cheaper on a PCH contract. I suspect the residuals are slightly stronger. To be fair, the bigger engine is probably the better one for me anyway.

Does anyone know when dealers are likely to have Octavia estate demos?

There was an Octavia III Estate at my dealers last Monday when I dropped my car in for MOT.

They are at dealers already?! :blush: Had bettering my local one to see if they have theirs yet. :)

The 1.6 and 2.0 are worlds apart. You have to work the 1.6 hard all the time to make any progress and you'll be rewarded with low 40 mpg. The 1.6 is a good engine but if you drove them back to back the decision would be easy.

The chipped figures look impressive for the 1.6 but if you don't want the associated risks with that then the 236 lb/ft in the 2.0 is untouchable by the significantly lower powered unit

I am at the dealers now with my Fab vRS for rear wiper motor replacement under warranty. I had a log chat with the main guy re Octy III Estate. They will have it next week. I was dropping heavy hints should they do Zero VAT deal on it I'd buy it straight away :) the 1.6 oil chugger with DSG one of course :). He said SUK is targeting corporate sales with Octy III mainly...

He said SUK is targeting corporate sales with Octy III mainly...

There's the residuals down the tube then.....when those cars flood the market in 3 - 4 years time.

Edited by Timoctav

:). He said SUK is targeting corporate sales with Octy III mainly...

That would be why the contract hire deals are looking so attractive then! I am now stuck between ordering an Octavia Elegance DSG on a 2 or 3 year personal contract hire or buying a 3 year old VW Passat estate on HP for less money !