The YETI forum

rafi_arch

I don't know if I'm allowed referring to a hidden topic, but an hour ago there was a weird topic started here by a new member (from Hawaii) with the title "THIS FORUM SUCKS". Besides being weird, it really made me angry, so I couldn't resist posting an answer, in an educated way. But trying posting I got a message the topic is hidden and can't post.

So, I would like to share my thankful feelings about this forum, along with my anger- posting anyway- also apologizing if by doing so, I infringe any rule !

"YES IT SUCKS...

A year ago, since then I am a member here, with the help of this forum- redirecting my dealer to a thread about same problem encountered by me- I could convince them to free replace or place a missing trim part, as it proved to be a problem encountered also in other countries. BUT IT SUCKS !

A few weeks later, I was acknowledged here about "erWin" service where I could buy a service manual I needed. BUT IT SUCKS !

At the time, I have posted here two small projects, shared images and even forwarded a member a PDF + a CAD file of a phone holder I made. BUT IT SUCKS !

Sometime I post here or just read in order to share knowledge, share feelings an even once- sympathy during a tough time in my country. BUT IT SUCKS !

Furthermore, I enjoyed participating the Briskoda 2013 Calendar Challenge, submitting an artistic photo of my car on the April page of the calendar- also enjoyed by those who bought it and those who saw it on the relevant forum. BUT IT SUCKS !

THIS FORUM SUCKS- AS THE YETI ITSELF SUCKS !

...ALOHA !"

• Like 1

Any reason its posted in the Yeti Section?

george

Because the original (and hidden by moderators) topic was started here in the Yeti forum.

About the meaning- I think the post speaks for itself- it doesn't need further explanations.

IMHO if the topic was hidden or removed by a mod, it should have stayed that way.

It was obviously removed for a reason so copying and reposting it doesn't serve any purpose.

I think that you've all got the wrong end of the stick here. Reading it, the poster is saying how good the Yeti forum is and that it's helped him, the 'IT SUCKS' bit is a sarcastic reference to the opinion of an ex member here, who made a post to that effect which we have hidden.

The above is not a copy and paste, the original contained one sentence.

• Like 4

Thanks Fordfan for your prompt and well explaining post.

Also, I understand as Gadgetman says, by opening this topic is "taking a pop at staff"- what I was afraid it might be- if not infringing any rule or law, but infringing some ethic codes.

Frankly, I couldn't resist expressing my "shock and horror" feelings along with my respect and sympathy to this forum, members and staff here. So once again- I apologize about that !

Thanks Fordfan for your prompt and well explaining post.

Also, I understand as Gadgetman says, by opening this topic is "taking a pop at staff"- what I was afraid it might be- if not infringing any rule or law, but infringing some ethic codes.

Frankly, I couldn't resist expressing my "shock and horror" feelings along with my respect and sympathy to this forum, members and staff here. So once again- I apologize about that !

Sorry didn't mean you, meant other poster was the one having a pop at staff ;)

Oh, forgot to mention, even once got help on the "Fabia forum" with DRLs on/off procedure. Even "Fabia forum" SUCKS ! (oh no, here we start again...)

Seriously now - with that out of the way, let's continue happy "YETIing" !

I did read the original, now removed topic, and myself, Bobdog and one other did manage to post a reply. In essence everything sucked.

• Like 1

Jason,

I presume Off-note's duplicate account was "skodass"? In which case I got a very personal insult from him by PM.............he called me English!! :wall:

round here that would be considered fighting talk :devil:

• Like 4

I think that you've all got the wrong end of the stick here. Reading it, the poster is saying how good the Yeti forum is and that it's helped him, the 'IT SUCKS' bit is a sarcastic reference to the opinion of an ex member here, who made a post to that effect which we have hidden.

The above is not a copy and paste, the original contained one sentence.

The sarcasm element wasn't lost on me, but then I have been known to be moderately sarcastic myself ;)

• Like 3

My sincere apologies to Rafi-arch.

I clearly didn't get the sarcasm angle.

:humble face:

• Like 1

Have you noticed how I've mellowed too? All these references to 'sucking' and not a single s****** or 'Carry On' type quip! :giggle:

• Like 1