Hub nut?

yes they are 32mm 12 sided, they are about £7 from the skoda dealer... as above dont re-use them, i've tried using them again before and they just come loose, the official engineering specificiation for the nut is what's known as 'FT' or 300nM if you are so inclined

yes they are 32mm 12 sided, they are about £7 from the skoda dealer... as above dont re-use them, i've tried using them again before and they just come loose, the official engineering specificiation for the nut is what's known as 'FT' or 300nM if you are so inclined

I thought that the hub nut was 50NM and 1/8 turn.

Should be tightened up with the weight on the wheels.

I thought that the hub nut was 50NM and 1/8 turn.

Should be tightened up with the weight on the wheels.

yes you are quite right, i was thinking of the octavia... of course the fabia has a hub flange and bearing integrated in one unit which is totally different..

For a 2005 Fabia VRS as follows.

For information purposes only, the front hub nut is a different size to the rear hub nut..

You will need a thin walled socket such as the likes of the 'Laser' brand.

The ordinary socket cannot reach the base of the hub nut being a thicker walled socket.

I bought the set below.

The 36mm fits the front hub nut whereas the 32mm fits the rear hub nut.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LASER-4146-HUB-NUT-THIN-WALLED-IMPACT-SOCKET-30-32-36MM-/200413233682

There are two options for the front hub nut on the Fabia.

If you have an earlier model it has a 19mm hex (allen key) head. Later models have a 36mm 12 point nut (you need a thin wall socket to get in there as correctly stated above).

I have listed the tool in this thread.

http://www.briskoda....d-techie-alike/

b18c007b.jpg

The nut must be renewed and if you have the earlier type you should replace with a 12 point nut.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maybe I've got this wrong, I'm thinking that Tech 1e knows exactly what these hub nuts look like, even in his sleep, what he would be asking for was "show us a picture of the hub nut on that car - the every one that is causing problems"!

• 3 months later...

Hello All,

Today when I changed my wheels to winter tyres, I disscovered to my surprise that the 12 point (36mm) hub nut was lying loose inside the hubcap.  

The nut is hollow and there is a thread on the inside

Now when I look at the other side of the car, I see that the central part of the nut is filled. 

However I cant find the part which goes inside the nut. 

I have the suitabel 36mm nut and can put everything back together temprarily (and get a new nut from the dealer) however, where or what is missing in the centre of that nut and where is that part ?

It cant have fallen out since the hubcap on the alloys kept the big 36mm safely captured. 

???????????????

Any suggestions??

Regards

Robert

Hello All,

Today when I changed my wheels to winter tyres, I disscovered to my surprise that the 12 point (36mm) hub nut was lying loose inside the hubcap.  

The nut is hollow and there is a thread on the inside

Now when I look at the other side of the car, I see that the central part of the nut is filled. 

However I cant find the part which goes inside the nut. 

I have the suitabel 36mm nut and can put everything back together temprarily (and get a new nut from the dealer) however, where or what is missing in the centre of that nut and where is that part ?

It cant have fallen out since the hubcap on the alloys kept the big 36mm safely captured. 

???????????????

Any suggestions??

Regards

Robert

Pictures?