Accessories

Any owners confirm what simply clever accessories come as standard. Is it just the ice scraper? Or do we get the safety vest, bin etc. etc.

Edited by Lees

No it's just the ice scraper! There should have been a reversible boot floor, but Skoda claim to be having difficulties with producing it!!

That is a good idea if you can manufacture it, would have saved me the cost of a boot liner. Would have expected a warning triangle, vest and first aid kit though. Oh well better get them out of the Alfa before I shift it!

Edited by Lees

.......Would have expected a warning triangle, vest and first aid kit though. Oh well better get them out of the Alfa before I shift it!

Agree! Nicked the safety vest out of my old Toyota (which DID come with one free)!, I was expecting a warning triangle as it is mandatory in the EU (as is the vest in France), and first aid kit. They are also supposed to supply 1 litre engine oil as well, it wasn't in mine and when I went to buy one the Business Manager in Sparshatts stopped me and said that this should be in the cra, it wasn't, Sparshatts were out of strock so he kindly gave me the one out of his demo Octavia.

That is a good idea if you can manufacture it, would have saved me the cost of a boot liner. Would have expected a warning triangle, vest and first aid kit though. Oh well better get them out of the Alfa before I shift it!

I managed to get a 'simply clever' warning triangle too! It accidentally fell out of the boot of my old lease car and ended up in my new car for some reason! The 'simply clever' umbrella stayed with the Berb though, as no holder in the rear passenger door of the Octy for that, so couldn't bring myself to take it from it's little home! :giggle:

• 1 month later...

Anyone got either of the boot liners?

I've just ordered the plastic boot dish one for mine -normally I'd go for rubber liner but the plastic has really deep sides which appeals to me and I should expect that the rubber one weighs as much as an extra passenger! just wondering if the plastic is prone to be rattly and excessive sliding around of items on it. I'm sure I could stick something to it if need be   

In Norway the Simply Clever package includes a small trashbin in the door pocket, the reversable bootliner and a multimedia holder which is a piece of plastic cylinder that fits into the cupholder.

Safety vest and warning triangle are standard in all configurations, since its mandatory equipment.

I haven't got my car yet but I did drive it for two days as it was a demonstrator. it did have the multimedia holder, but no boot mat or safety vest -I did not notice the trash holder either.

I have the (excellent) rubber one in my Fabia and would expect that three times the size = three times the weight.

The plastic one has tall edges and looks as though it would double as a paddling pool in this weather  :giggle:

Isn't the wastebin in the door pocket a standard on the Uk spec car?

I swear I saw it listed in the brochure I picked up......

I might not have seen even if it was there -I'm due to collect the car on Tuesday afternoon and will find out then I guess. If it does have one, then it won't be staying in the car because if it's there people will use it