First commute - comfort & mpg looking good!

Professor

Just done my first days commute in my new Citigo 75 Elegance Greentech:

156 miles = 65.8 mpg

Not bad considering I had the cabin and seat heaters on, and the car's only done about 400 miles.

Car was beautifully comfortable:-

The heater was very quick to kick-in and very controllable

The seats are more comfy than my previous Skoda Superb 3.6 V6 Elegance

The engine is quiet and at 60mph turns over at around 2750rpm

The cruise control and sat nav worked very well

The radio clarity is spot on

All of which equals one happy bunny!

Hoping for even better fuel consumption on my way home (as Dundee to Alnwick is all downhill) ;)

• Like 2

I'd be interested to know how those 156 miles were driven?

Was it a constant 70 on a motorway or varying speeds and roads?

Only ask as I am now on my fourth tankful (Greentech 60) and only manage c.50mpg ?

I'd be interested to know how those 156 miles were driven?

Was it a constant 70 on a motorway or varying speeds and roads?

Only ask as I am now on my fourth tankful (Greentech 60) and only manage c.50mpg ?

150 miles was at 60 mph using cruise control. Small variance at roundabouts and 40/50mph limited zones around Edinburgh.

6 miles (3 miles at either end) was on B roads and urban roads.

My acceleration off roundabouts was neither 'flooring it' nor 'dawdling' - just steady acceleration and I did not draft behind any lorries etc.

Environmental conditions: Air temp was about 11 degrees C , raining & fog

Hope this helps...

We have a 60 Greentech, generally speaking the consumption figures are excellent. Over the 4k miles or so that we have run it by far the best returns are on the types of road that allow ~ 60mph as an average speed.

Across town I get between 45 / 55 mpg indicated on the PID, best ever was 69.9 on the PID again on a 30 mile commute.

Our PID is about 8% optimistic, I prefer brim to brim measurements always stopping filling at the first click.

My current overall consumption figures are at the foot of this post.

And yes I agree the car is a little treasure, excellent in all it tries to achieve.

It is a nice comfy car for it's size, glad you're happy with it :love:

But is it really that cold up there, I mean cabin and seat heaters :whew: I'd be melting in mine, permanently have the aircon set to cold down here :sun: B)

On a Saturday I run my Mrs to work - Dundee to St Andrews. Now the weather is warmer and I am back on the eco tyres I average 73/74 mpg on that run tootling along at about 50/55 mph. Never had a car that comes close to this and never had less than 50 mpg even when thrashing it (75 Green Tech 8000 miles)

• Like 2

It is a nice comfy car for it's size, glad you're happy with it :love:

But is it really that cold up there, I mean cabin and seat heaters :whew: I'd be melting in mine, permanently have the aircon set to cold down here :sun: B)

It was proper cold when I left the house at 4.30am!!

I reckon I could beat the 74 I already regularly get but it would mean driving unrealistically. As an aside I've just got back from a 900 mile tour of the NW Highlands in my wifes Yeti 1.2 Tsi and averaged 42 mpg over the whole period including roads like Bealach Na Ba to Applecross. Well pleased with that - full luggage + two bikes.

Edited by Crista

I've seen 3.5 L/100 km (80.7 mpg) on a couple of trips (board computer). The best real-world consumption I've had between tank fills is 4.26 L/100 km (66.3 mpg).

You did 60mph the whole way?

Bet that was about as much fun as wallpapering your face :o

Yeah, it's a bit of a drudge, but has to be done. Plus 60 is the speed limit of the A1 between Newcastle and Edinburgh pretty much all the way - and there's lots of cameras and mobile traps on that stretch so you can't push it much anyway. But the view along the way is nice, my PID was playing my favorite tunes all the way and I was watching my fuel consumption go up and up and up, so it wasn't too boring...!

Edited by Professor

No actually I was stuck behind a mini campervan towing a dinghy so I thought I may as well go for an economy run while I'm stuck behind him. The run actually included two miles of racing a white van man so probably could have got a bit more. Anyway suffice to say this is one seriously economical car.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I had an indicated 85.6 mpg (3.3 L/100 km) on a ~15 mile trip before a steep hill destroyed everything :) Mostly flat, some moderate hills (up an down). Average speed 43.5 mph (70 km/h). Very happy with the fuel consumption of my Citigo!

• Like 1