Wish I'd never got a YETI

GEOFFL

Hi folks, long time no speak. Read the forum regularly but don't contribute as I have nothing to say mainly because I don't drive the Yeti. Libby has taken total control of it!! Knew I shouldn't have bought her that private plate!!

However that is about to change as she is changing jobs and it involves some business mileage. Our (?) Yeti is a Motability vehicle and whilst she can commute to work in it she can't (quite rightly)travel to multiple locations in it. So we have to get a vehicle that we can.

Buying the Yeti is not an option, so the reason for the title of this post is simple HOW THE HELL DO YOU REPLACE A YETI???

Answer - with great difficulty. There isn't another 2nd hand 4x4 that comes remotely close to a 170bhp Elegance.

Choices at the moment are Freelander or (my preference)Jag X Type estate or look at the Skoda estates, so here we go...........

• Like 2

Hi folks, long time no speak. Read the forum regularly but don't contribute as I have nothing to say

But that is the main reason that I do contribute! I am past caring about saving my breath for blowing on my porridge and my death bed...........

Hi folks, long time no speak. Read the forum regularly but don't contribute as I have nothing to say mainly because I don't drive the Yeti. Libby has taken total control of it!! Knew I shouldn't have bought her that private plate!!

However that is about to change as she is changing jobs and it involves some business mileage. Our (?) Yeti is a Motability vehicle and whilst she can commute to work in it she can't (quite rightly)travel to multiple locations in it. So we have to get a vehicle that we can.

Buying the Yeti is not an option, so the reason for the title of this post is simple HOW THE HELL DO YOU REPLACE A YETI???

Answer - with great difficulty. There isn't another 2nd hand 4x4 that comes remotely close to a 170bhp Elegance.

Choices at the moment are Freelander or (my preference)Jag X Type estate or look at the Skoda estates, so here we go...........

Just wondering....why can't you take the Yeti to multiple locations?? I'm confused, unless I'm missing something. :think:

• Like 1

Yes, I'd have thought the ideal replacement for a motability Yeti for non-motability use would be a non-motability Yeti. But I probably missed some important point ;)

Yup.

The bit where Geoff says "Buying the yeti is not an option"

Geoff, is your contract about to end? IIRC it was close to mine.

It might be worth asking them how much it would cost you.

We bought my Motability fabia vRS and got a good deal. Certainly better than buying an equivalent car.

A major plus is you know how its been treated etc.

I feel your pain chap.

I'm awaiting delivery of my second yeti and have no idea when or if I'll ever get to drive it!!

Hoping that nice man at DVLA will let me in a couple of months.

• Like 1

Yup.

The bit where Geoff says "Buying the yeti is not an option"

Geoff, is your contract about to end? IIRC it was close to mine.

It might be worth asking them how much it would cost you.

We bought my Motability fabia vRS and got a good deal. Certainly better than buying an equivalent car.

A major plus is you know how its been treated etc.

I feel your pain chap.

I'm awaiting delivery of my second yeti and have no idea when or if I'll ever get to drive it!!

Hoping that nice man at DVLA will let me in a couple of months.

Motability can't sell it to me until the contract expires, which is about 18 months!

Kevin at D.M.Keith rand motability on my behalf and then rang me with the number and told me to explain the situation again, emphasising that I don't (can't) drive the Yeti (it's manual and I'm now not too good with a manual box). Also to point out that I don't work and that Libby is the sole wage earner.

So I rang them (not too optimistically), explained the situation to the nice lady who is now sending me out a revised insurance document covering business use for Libby - RESULT!!!!

Hope you're as successful with the DVLA and don't hold your breath whilst looking for a nice man there, It may take a very long time!!!!!

Fantastic news Geoff. :) :)

I suppose, normally, they would terminate the contract for misuse if Libby did use it for business,

but I'm so glad they've shown common sense.

Might be worth asking if they can confirm the decision in writing, just in case, if you've not done so already that is.

Now that's sorted, sit back and have a :beer: and a large one for the missus.