Cheap and Cheerful Bluetooth Handsfree Car kit

'daiking'

Any recommendations for a cheap bluetooth car kit/speaker? Amazon/Ebay or whatever.

Its for my wife so should be as simple as possible to use (once I set it up), loud enough for her to hear over the whine of her car and easy to take in and out of the car. Nothing special just something to keep her legal.

Plenty clip on sun visor Bluetooth available but you need to remember to turn then on/off and recharge. Personally I would rather install a hard wired kit

Plenty clip on sun visor Bluetooth available but you need to remember to turn then on/off and recharge. Personally I would rather install a hard wired kit

It's not worth going to that trouble. A speaker not a personal hands free is about as far as its worth going

It's not worth going to that trouble. A speaker not a personal hands free is about as far as its worth going

Fair enough. I have one of these for use in hire cars, work pretty well.

http://www.handtec.co.uk/supertooth-buddy-bluetooth-visor-handsfree-carkit.html?gclid=CI-2xYHP5rcCFavHtAodM1kAmQ

Plenty of Nokia ck7w kits on ebay, usually go for £30-£40

My old one of those didn't play nicely with newer android phones, got a lot of echo. My boss had the same problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Looking on eBay there are a couple of terribly cheap looking designs for a tenner which I'm reluctant to bother with. Branded like jabra, that supertooth one and parrot seem to go from £30+. Was hoping for something that would be reputable and split the difference. Will look again at a couple of nominally branded items.

My old one of those didn't play nicely with newer android phones, got a lot of echo. My boss had the same problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Not had the issue ourselves with a range of HTC's, and an S3. Could be the mic/speaker locations. I know when I initially installed I put the Mic on the A pillar and it sounded like you were yelling down a corridor at the caller. Now lives on the top console, just behind the mirror.

• Like 1

Not had the issue ourselves with a range of HTC's, and an S3. Could be the mic/speaker locations. I know when I initially installed I put the Mic on the A pillar and it sounded like you were yelling down a corridor at the caller. Now lives on the top console, just behind the mirror.

That was with two different models of HTC phones, the microphone on the phone was still active and picked up the sound from the speaker, hence the terrible echo. If I put the phone in the glovebox or outside the car then it was fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Was looking for something cheaper than that but will last more than 5 minutes

You get what you pay for. I have Parrott minikit also and it is worth the price, as said cheaper than a fine or losing your license :)

I have this! It's great. Charge lasts forever lol. Connects every time and very clear.

The charge doesn't last forever if, like me, you leave the battery in the box for a week. To be fair it worked off a lead without the battery.