Idoits

Just been driving home from work was approaching a set of red lights with two lanes, was a vectra estate in the right lane pretty much stopped just as i levelled with it to stop in the left lane the driver decides to change lane without indication and without looking it seems and doshes my door mirror, folds it in to door/window then jumps the red light to make his escape without so much as a sorry or kiss my ring.

Luckily the damage is very minor, will probably t-cut out.

Idiots!

Sent from my iPhone 4s

I've been told you can now phone your insurance company and give the reg number of any car you believe is involved in any or suspect crash for cash. I don't know if this is true or not. Seemingly they now put it on a database so if the reg number comes up it will get flagged strait away as suspect.

I was at a set of lights yesterday and a Peugeot RCZ pulled up next to me. He was so close if he have gone any further forward he would have hit my mirror. Lights changed but the car in front didn't move quick enough. RCZ pulled away sharply and I just managed to turn enough to avoid it.

I can probably buff the marks and scratches out but that isnt the point, either the driver was as dense as custard, drunk or just plain out to cause a crash im just annoyed

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Get a dashcash, even a £25 one off ebay. Will be well worth it if something like that happens again. It doesn't even need to be good enough to read the reg off, just shout out the reg and record it using the mic. Whenever I see a car acting in a manner that may lead to a crash, I read out the reg (and description of driver if I can see them) to my cam just incase I need it later.

I seriously think you are right, and the sooner they start fitting them as standard on ALL vehicles, the better.

Might just calm down some of these dough filled hot headed lunatics

• Like 1

There are some absolute ar$e wipes out there, I agree with Huskoda, reading things like this and all the near misses make me seriously think about getting a dash cam.

I initially thought they were a trendy fad when they first came out. Oh just how much reading stuff like this can change your mind ey?

See the M25 road rage attack that's just been posted (off topic chat^^^) for an absolute classic case for needing one. Bet she wishes she'd had one now.

Edited by Mr Ree

Report it to the police

I got my car scratched and dented in a hit and run last year and reported it to the Police (I managed to stop the hit and run driver further down the road and got his number plate although he refused to give me his insurance details).They made me fill all the paperwork in, which I thought was a promising start , then, I contacted the Insurance company again, tried to follow up with the Police and after 3 months of getting no where the Police said no further actin to be taken! My car was brand new and only 22 hours old!

As foolish as it sounds I think if it had happened to me the red mist would have descended and I'd have also been through the red lights hot on his tail.

• Like 1

Gits haha.

I was asking around at work tonight if anyone else has seen this car in a morning and its seen regular, he works at the other big warehouse on the business park and hes polish and an alcoholic( apparently)

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Gits haha.

I was asking around at work tonight if anyone else has seen this car in a morning and its seen regular, he works at the other big warehouse on the business park and hes polish and an alcoholic( apparently)

Sent from my iPhone 4s

So you reported it to the police now?

I still dont know the cars registration so havent reported it to the police

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Report what you do know to the police now. You can always update them when you do find out more info such as the reg. You never know, they may already know of this driver as they may have done it before!