Red Fabia vRS (Project Flo)

Kgod1991

So bought my Fabia vRS few weeks back and just enjoyed it, coming from a 1.4 TDCI fiesta...

In that time ive been on here looking at what people have done and getting ideas of what id like to do. So this is going to be my project, to which the missus has named the car Flo hence it being called 'Project Flo'

IMG_0583.JPG

IMG_0582.JPG

First thing i did was give her a good clean

IMG_0624.JPG

Wheels were a bit messy as well so they got just as good a tretment

IMG_0627.JPG

Once i finished all of that (best part of 6 hours) needed to be taken out and have a drive in her!! Strangely ended up with my mate at Chesterfield Tesco :giggle:

IMG_0651.JPG

In the few weeks of owning my vRS ive seen a few things and picked them up. First thing i saw was key sticker and a keyring...

Sad I Know (but its the small things):

IMG_0684.JPG

Came across the jabbasport cone in box air filter, did some more digging and also found a topic on one that someone made. So i decided it doesn't look that hard to make...

IMG_0688.JPG

So cut the aluminium to shape with an angle grinder and metal cutting disc and used a tool to hammer dimples around the inside of the marked circle as points to drill

IMG_0689.JPG

So drilled the middle bit out and started grinding to make it a nice circle

IMG_0690.JPG

The cone fits!!! :rofl:

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

Sealed it up with sealant (looks messy i know but tidy up process is saved till the end)

IMG_0693.JPG

Rubber ring and jubilie clip used to make sure it wont fall out of the hole

Test fitted it to the car and fits like a GLOVE!! Tidy up process still needs to be done and may change the rubber edging.

Got a few ideas of what i want to do but im mostly short for time so it could be slow going (but hopefully not). Whats planned:

• Front splitter
  • mufflerectomy (completed and i like the sound)
  • Ap Coilovers
  • Jabbasport RARB
  • FARB or Front upper strut brace
  • LED bulbs
  • Seat covers
  • Air filter (almost done)
  • Cruise control
  • New Stereo (done)
  • Colour code door handles
  • Stage 1 remap

There may be more as time goes on but that's what i'm hoping to get done

Looking good mate looks a nice car to start with i love that key ring like you said its the small things lol. Keep putting pics up for us as you progress.

Cheers ads

Thanks mate :smile:

Well today was interesting, started off with going over a bump an my bonnet popped open =, very strange as I would of noticed if I left it popped open. So closed it went over a few more bumps and was fine never thought any more of it. 15mins later I hear a knocking even on the smoothest of roads, eventually got to where I was going and hoping nothing major. To which thankfully it wasn't but my exhaust heat shield clips (two of) had come off and it was flapping and knocking.

Plans for this week then, won myself a splitter so picking that up this weekend and fitting, and going to get the 'elephant mod' done along cleaning the egr

Pictures will follow in the morning with the heat shield

So got round to taking pics of the heat shield and my mufflerectomy

IMG_0701.JPG?gl=GB

So that and another one holding the shield in place had fell off causing the noise.... NICE

IMG_0700.JPG?gl=GB

got myself a washer and a wing nut tightened that bitch up!!! no more knocking noise :rofl:

IMG_0703.JPG?gl=GB

NO BACK BOX :think: ... and still need to find another washer and wing nut :@

IMG_0704.JPG?gl=GB

the tip i went for (oem look) :happy:, but does need a clean (infact the whole car does)

Picking my splitter up saturday and and cleaning the egr sunday, in the mean time work work work work work oh and did i mention WORK :wall:

Looking great! You got any more plans for it?

Pretty much what's in my OP may do slight ones on top what's there, quite liking some new reg plates atm lol. Main things are stiffen it up abit and prepare for a remap

• 4 weeks later...

Very slow going...

But here's a little update! My lower engine mount had perished so a new powerflex one was installed, had a new egr unit thanks to joe_vrs_tdi, with new vac hose

Car now runs smooth again!!

Have an oil leak which is going back to the dealer so they can sort it.

The only other thing I've done is the splitter

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yesterday gave the car a good wash!

Bought myself a snow foam lance and used that, love it!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then polished and waxed

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well tomorrow it's back to garage to get sorted the oil leak and potentially the squeak on idle with judder =

Ap coilovers and whiteline RARB.....anything else is just a toy.

Looks good mate.

Looks great :) the rarb and coilies will transform the handling

Cheers guys

Yeah been reading some more on forum of setups and so on, ap coilovers and whiteline RARB. Did want jabbasport but only on normal roads so whiteline will be sufficient

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Few more updates!

So I had the rear brakes binding so hop footed it to skoda and got two caliper springs and installed them (also slightly adjusting handbrake) and jobs a good'en

Driver rear

Posted Image

Passenger rear

Posted Image

Had F1 auto centre do a free brake check and all is good!

Also in the progress is upgrading pipes, starting with top boost pipes. All parts received and is ready to be fitted later today

Posted Image

Also if the postman/royal mail are so kind I will also receive my 19mm (ID) hose for the elephant mod to which will also be done later today all things going to plan

Ok so top boost pipe is all in!! (Think need to trim 90 degree bend slightly more but am happy)

No more whistle sound which is great! Also pre Installed my catch can just waiting on the damn hose... Anyway pictures below

Posted Image

Posted Image

Had the lower half near the light pop off so doubled up the clips and used hair spray then the pipe up top popped off so again hair spray and double up the clips and all sorted!!

Great thread, where do people get the briskoda stickers from? Wouldn't mind some for mine :)

Briskoda shop or free when you sign up to freedom.... a great £12 spent if I do say so myself ;)

Great start fella. Do have a soft spot for a modded red vRS, but would have kept the rub strips myself, breaks up all that red but what do I know :D

• Like 1