VRS Seat Cleaning

Octy Owners

Those of you have been boterhed enough to clean the white material sections of your seats what did you use?

I gave them a liberal coating of AG Interior Shampoo and scrubbed and scrubbed but seemed to achieve absolutely nothing.

The material seems much more willing to hold on to dirt than the grey Fabia seats i'm used to.

Short of attacking them with a bucket of 1001 carpet cleaner I'm all out of ideas.

Is it steam cleaner or bust?

I do mine every so often, I used Surfex on mine with water and a sponge with a wet & dry hoover, they were filthy when i got the car but as good as new now! They need doing every few months though, white was a genius move..

oh yeah forgot you guys got white carpets too.

that's a worse move than the light grey seats in the Fabia.

Thanks for the help I'll give a dose of 1001 a go and see what happens.

If not i'll see if i can borrow a carpet cleaner and give them a proper going over

Tried just about everything, foam, sprays, VAX, nothing works because I reckon the dirt from the seat foam is dragged to the surface.

Only way to do the job properly is seats out and remove covers for cleaning.

The biggie here is the heated seat panels and airbag.

Its a job on a long list of todo's

Whatever goes in has to come back out with the dirt otherwise is just drys filthy

Yeah I think that's the issue.

They looked clean when i'd sprayed them and scrubbed them but when they dried they just had a differnet pattern of dirt! :D

Wanted to avoid the cost of hiring a rug doctor so shall try and find a friednly person to lend me a wet vac

Yeah I think that's the issue.

They looked clean when i'd sprayed them and scrubbed them but when they dried they just had a differnet pattern of dirt! :D

Wanted to avoid the cost of hiring a rug doctor so shall try and find a friednly person to lend me a wet vac

If you want to go halves on the hire of a rug doctor, I could do with doing the seats and carpets in my daily runabout.

You can get the Rug muncher in Asda these days, I think it's about £20 for 24hrs or £30 for 48hr.

Like I said do the house to, keeps the Mrs happy !!!(I mean rug cleaned not munched)

You can get the Rug muncher in Asda these days

After getting an overdose of chav in the local Asda I've resolutely been a Morrisons man; however if they've started selling those I may given Asda another chance...

After getting an overdose of chav in the local Asda I've resolutely been a Morrisons man; however if they've started selling those I may given Asda another chance...

Morrison do them as well, thats where I hired one from originally.

My local Asda is quite well placed to be far enough away to the scum count low, although it does draw a few valleys commandos in, but they aren't so bad lol

Tesco by you do them (according to the website)

Yeah sorry i've seen rug doctors in plenty of supermarkets around

I was talking about Asda stocking les beans...

Sorry I missed that (not like me), it went straight over my head.

Split the rental 3 ways as I'm in Gloucester to (Quedgeley), seats in need of doing as I accidentally left the drivers window open and it p***ed down, mopped most of it up but now got a brown line across the seat.

• Like 1

Any body know of a reasonably priced supplier of proper fitting car seat covers?

was going to scrub out my interior and then cover the seats for some hope of keeping them clean.

but i hate the usual universal ones that dont fit properly, and cover the spilt rear seats :wall:

Had also looked at a fresh vRS interior (thread elsewhere) but the shipping cost went waaay too far to get it to me :rain:

Ive had seat covers on mine from day 1 ( Im a truck driver so i get covered in oil / grease etc) I have had many seat covers, but the best I found (which are on now) I got from The Range - Blackspur seat covers, in black, elasticated and u get the little clips to hold the tabs under the seat (tho I just tied them up underneath)

Ebay also do a good selection. I tried Halfords own basics ones but they r too tight for the VRS seats and didnt have any tabs to hold them on so kept springing off when you got out.

The one sI have on now are a universal fit but a really generous one, and once youve had them on a while they tend to fit / mould to the seat better

Ive also got a Vax wet / dry for the rears and the carpet, a godsend!!!

Can provide Pics if anyone is really that interested on looks etc. PM me and I will supply.

Hope Ive helped someone out :)

Rob.