How much to get my ecu reprogrammed?

I am thinking of getting a mk4 golf engine for my octavia vrs and I was wondering how much its going to cost to get the ECU Reprogrammed? Has anybody done this before and have you got any advice?

Cheers

Edited by dino77

You already have a mk4 Golf engine in your vRS, why do you need another? Are you referring to a remap, or having another ECU coded to the immobiliser? Remaps tend to start around 200 quid from someone of repute. Having the ECU recoded to an immobiliser should cost you about 40 quid depending on who you go to.

What engine are you having fitted?

you have an AUQ in the VRS, If you are fitting another AUQ becuase the old one is dead then its just fit and plug in (sort any niggles)

nothing more than that.

Unless your going BFH/BML (R32 lump) would be a good engine to fit (3.2 V6) this would need a lot of work.

The reason I was buying a new one is because its got a lot lower miles and I need a cam belt and water pump change and the new engine has just had it done but the man is selling it for £250 so obviously cheaper then getting the work done on my old engine im just a bit skeptical as to why he's selling it so cheaply.

the mk4 agu engine is an earlier 'big port' head engine iirc. It has a ko3 turbo fitted that produces 150bhp.

the auq in the octavia has 180 as standard with a ko3s (slightly more powerful than the ko3).

yes it does, it also has some forged internals, is a good mk2 golf upgrade engine due to the reasons we discussed especially if you wanna go big turbo.

But a stock 150 agu, is going to be slower than a stock auq, and both mapped the auq with the ko3s will be slightly more powerful.

Also the mk4 golf engine is AGU not AUQ

AGU was fitted to early non drive by wire mkiv's. Later models were fitted with drive by wire engines i.e. ARZ etc. Both were 150 bhp, & shared the Ko3 turbo.

The mkiv Golf 1.8T Anniversary was fitted with an AUQ 180 bhp with Ko3s which is exactly the same engine as fitted to the mk1 Octavia VRS.

in short the golf has a number of different engines fitted, none worth fitting to your vrs unless you are planning a big turbo conversion then the agu could be an idea, however the 225 bam and apx engines from a cupra r or a tt are the ones to really go for as they are more advanced (fly by wire and correct number of sensors etc) and have forged lumps with ko4 turbos that produce 210-225 bhp unmapped.

why did you want to fit another engine anyway?

seriously, Dont change the engine for the sake of a cambelt.

Just go get the cambelt changed.

I hear the AGU makes for a better tuning engine due to the forged internals and the high flow head, safer engine to Slap a Giant turbo to from stock...

seriously, Dont change the engine for the sake of a cambelt.

Just go get the cambelt changed.

I hear the AGU makes for a better tuning engine due to the forged internals and the high flow head, safer engine to Slap a Giant turbo to from stock...

Would it be worth getting the engine for £250 and swapping over the stronger bits?

its a lot of work, but if you can do it, and you want to fit a big turbo, then yes not the worse idea. If you wanna stay under 300bhp with yours, then no, the auq is more than up to the job.

its a lot of work, but if you can do it, and you want to fit a big turbo, then yes not the worse idea. If you wanna stay under 300bhp with yours, then no, the auq is more than up to the job.

Haha, don't worry, I wasn't thinking me! Lets try and hit 260 first before we go for 300!