Anybody changing back to the green badge?

Kingsley

We are waiting for a fully loaded 2.2 litre diesel auto 4x4 in august. Frankly I do not like the new badge - it is much less distinctive. So I have asked our garage to replace the black and chrome plain ones with the good old green badge when the car arrives there. Does anyone else have the same feeling? The green badge with the 'laurel wreath' and its handsome green colour has become very strongly associated with this proud marque, and it seems a great pity to me that the new one is so superficially similar to, say, Vauxhall or Opel, from a distance. Was there still some residual reaction to that ignorant badge snobbery at heart when the company decided to change, or was the decision taken for them from 'higher up'? Let us bear in mind that this is the oldest established marque in the VAG stable.

Lots of people on here changing to the new badge and I was looking to change mine as the new L&K has the 'green' badges but I'm likely to stick with them at present.

I am surprised by your comments about the new badge. My 2012 Roomster had the old green badge and I replaced with the new

black one also the wheel centres as per the 2013 model..The green badge is simply old fashioned and not really in keeping with

the bright fresh modern image that the brand wishes to portray.It should also be borne in mind that the proud Skoda name used a

similar version of the new motif long before VW came on the scene and they are only reverting back to that time.

• Like 1

The Yeti has not moved over to the new badge yet, unlike the Fabia and Roomster.

Not sure in Switzerland where you are, but in the UK new Yetis still come with the green badges.

Some people do upgrade the badges, but only the front as due to Skoda not fitting them yet no rear new style Yeti badge is available currently.

I am not that fussed which ones are on the car, but will upgrade to the new style when I can because I am sick and tired of the whiteworm look that the old badges develop after a year which makes them look ten years old.

• Like 2

I'm waiting to see what badge the FL has on the rear end before I make a decision.

It will have the new one.

Only thing is if it's not the same size as the current one, there will still be nothing for us older owners to use to stop the whiteworm.

• Like 1

Our 2001 Fabia which we loved very much and passed on to my sister in law has still got a healthy green badge. What is this whiteworm phenomenon then? And silly me, it's a two litre diesel, not 2.2, that we have ordered.

It seems to me that the association with green and the pretty green badge is very apt and the new badge really looks like so many others. It really might be a bloody Vauxhall seen from a distance and lacks the same character. I am proud to soon own another Skoda. About 20 years ago we bought a Favorit which we ran for 9 years with no expense save 4 new tyres and a replacement exhaust pipe. That old badge was very plain, though.

Skodas are amongst the very best built in the VAG group, as well as being great value for money. I have been preaching Skoda for 20 years, while most people scoffed and turned up their ignorant noses at such a 'cheap Russian car'. Now their time has come, but it is to the credit of the British that there was always a good support for Skodas here since ages. Actually, as some of you on this forum know very well, they were never bad cars, and have always had adventurous designers, but going through 2 world wars and then communism was just a wee bit tough on them. VW made a brilliant decision in taking them over, unlike BMW who impatiently dropped Rover after designing and launching the best and only 'real' Rover for many years, the wonderful 75. I prefer to keep to a bit of tradition, and the 'new' green badge seems to me IMHO part of that, and what sets us apart from other marques.

• Like 2

I have changed to new badges on my LandK but largely because it is white and I think the new badges go particularly well as a contrast - green looked rather out of place.

The Yeti has not moved over to the new badge yet, unlike the Fabia and Roomster.

Not sure in Switzerland where you are, but in the UK new Yetis still come with the green badges.

Some people do upgrade the badges, but only the front as due to Skoda not fitting them yet no rear new style Yeti badge is available currently.

I am not that fussed which ones are on the car, but will upgrade to the new style when I can because I am sick and tired of the whiteworm look that the old badges develop after a year which makes them look ten years old.

Mine needs another new one, only 12 months out of this one :|

Our 2001 Fabia which we loved very much and passed on to my sister in law has still got a healthy green badge. What is this whiteworm phenomenon then? And silly me, it's a two litre diesel, not 2.2, that we have ordered.

It seems to me that the association with green and the pretty green badge is very apt and the new badge really looks like so many others. It really might be a bloody Vauxhall seen from a distance and lacks the same character. I am proud to soon own another Skoda. About 20 years ago we bought a Favorit which we ran for 9 years with no expense save 4 new tyres and a replacement exhaust pipe. That old badge was very plain, though.

Skodas are amongst the very best built in the VAG group, as well as being great value for money. I have been preaching Skoda for 20 years, while most people scoffed and turned up their ignorant noses at such a 'cheap Russian car'. Now their time has come, but it is to the credit of the British that there was always a good support for Skodas here since ages. Actually, as some of you on this forum know very well, they were never bad cars, and have always had adventurous designers, but going through 2 world wars and then communism was just a wee bit tough on them. VW made a brilliant decision in taking them over, unlike BMW who impatiently dropped Rover after designing and launching the best and only 'real' Rover for many years, the wonderful 75. I prefer to keep to a bit of tradition, and the 'new' green badge seems to me IMHO part of that, and what sets us apart from other marques.

white worm

post-52230-0-56277400-1372097225_thumb.jpg

And silly me, it's a two litre diesel, not 2.2, that we have ordered.

think you may have missed this bit Mike

OK, I'm a berk. it will be the two litre diesel. Great engine, only faintly sounds like a diesel when starting up.

But where did all those bad badges come from? The green badge on our 2001 Fabia is in excellent condition still. Should i buy in a stock perhaps? What is the difference with pasty man's badges- are they available as 'traditional' green with the laurel wreath? I have always liked the laurel wreath as a poke in the eye to the famous Mercedes badge with same. Actually we have more history and tradition than those guys! And a great motor rallying tradition too.

OK, I'm a berk. it will be the two litre diesel. Great engine, only faintly sounds like a diesel when starting up.

But where did all those bad badges come from? The green badge on our 2001 Fabia is in excellent condition still. Should i buy in a stock perhaps? What is the difference with pasty man's badges- are they available as 'traditional' green with the laurel wreath? I have always liked the laurel wreath as a poke in the eye to the famous Mercedes badge with same. Actually we have more history and tradition than those guys! And a great motor rallying tradition too.

You can get the badges changed for free all the time its in warranty :giggle: I have

How easy are the badges to remove and fit? Both of mine have the white worm and if the black & white version doesn't suffer from it, I may as well change both.

Or does it need a Skoda tech to do it?

How easy are the badges to remove and fit? Both of mine have the white worm and if the black & white version doesn't suffer from it, I may as well change both.

Or does it need a Skoda tech to do it?

Very easy to take off - remove screw at rear then just heat gently with a hairdryer and they prise off.